News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Any interest in an NSM wall box front door conversion kit???

Started by Pinball, March 04, 2010, 02:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I am working on a new project. I want to see if there is much interest here in a kit we are designing that will help to convert the NSM CD wallbox front door to a e-Touch ready front door.

I stripped the inside of an NSM Thunder door, removing all wires, lights , Tempered art glass that the CD's and player were behind, etc.. 

I am currently having a proto-type touch screen monitor bracket manufactured.  This bracket will utilize the existing screws and holes in the inside vertical side rails of the door to provide a mount for an ELO 17" touch screen monitor. (The monitor I am using has the black trim frame installed).

I am having a piece of tempered glass made with the hole to mount the monitor up to. Again, the hole in this glass panel will be larger than the face of the monitor as I want my monitor to use the black trim frame accessory for looks. (This glass panel could also be designed to fit the 17" open frame ELO without the trim frame). 

I am having a digital arts place apply a "decal" to the backside of the tempered glass with artwork that complements the Thunder plexiglass header still in the door.

The colors will be coordinated and the design simular to the original glass, but without the NSM logos, text , and "mirrored" glass that was on the original.

This was a lot of work and I am trying to see if there is any interest for parts like these.

The kits should be about $ 300- which would include the brackets, tempered glass and Thunder artwork. I can have the other NSM models' art done as well, but I need original samples.

A cheaper alternative would be to use plexi instead of tempered glass and provide your own artwork.  The custom metal brackets with all the required holes pre-drilled would be about $ 95.00.

These brackets would allow you to securely mount a touch screen to an NSM CD wallbox door. In this case you could use any size monitor you want, 15", 17" etc...  You would have the plexi you acquire on your own, cut out accordingly.

Please post here if you have any interest in these parts or e-mail me directly at:  Pinball   at aol dot com

Thanks,

Randy   

jukejohn

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

Pinball