Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

What codecs do i need for xp?

Started by Norman Marshall, December 05, 2010, 01:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Hi guys,
          Having to do a re-build of me juke cos on some videos the music isnt going with the video, i have about a 5 to 10 second delay were the song finishes then the video finishes and all i can put it down to is the fact that ive put win 7 on a motherboard that was only built for xp, it only has a single core cpu, Ive come to the conclusion it the motherboard because the pc im using to make and tag the database on is a  windows 7 duel core 2 cpu with 4 gig ram, All the vids on the juke that dont play right, play fine on me other pc, Not only that but when a video comes on that wont play right it has an affect on the touchscreen monitor not responding at ther correct speed, So my question is can all you xp uses please tell me what media players and what codecs are you using to get all you videos to play? The last time i used xp not all my videos would play, Thanks in advance
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

bzpilot

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Get the K-Lite Codec Pack - "Full" Version and you shouldn't have any issues playing all types of audio and videos through Windows Media Player (the default media player for E-Touch).

Norman Marshall

Thanks dood will give that a try, i dont know what version of k-lite i put on because most of the videos wouldnt play.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

It's more of an art than a skill. Sometimes my videos don't play on one pc but play on another. Some play the sound but not the audio and others are the other way around. There are a ton of options with the k-lite codec pack, i know installing nero installed some codecs that got more playing.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Thanks Barry i never thaught of nero.