Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

What is the best software

Started by deefer, August 10, 2011, 09:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deefer

Hi everyone.

I bought a megatouch system pub jukebox with touchscreen, coin acceptor etc etc.

I am not sure what software it has on there at the moment, I can't seem to find any identifiers anywhere (it runs on win nt).
However, I am unable to add / remove tracks.

Is it possible to install free box, and use it with coin acceptor (professional use in a pub) and set it so when machine boots up it auto starts free box so clients / staff do not have access to windows?

Is there a demo version anywhere?

Also, if I where to install free box, should I format and install windows on a new drive, so if it all goes pear shaped I still have the old drive to use?

Thanks
in advance

Barcrest

I have used those megatouch cabs so you will be ok with the cab. How does the coin mech interface with the PC? Does it send a keypress when a coin has been inserted? If so then that will work as well.

Here is the demo

http://iamkizer.ipower.com/freeboxjukebox/demo/Setup7007-newDEmo.rar

Personally i would put a new drive in and do a fresh install of XP, like you say you can always go back then if you hit a problem.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

deefer

Hi,
Thanks for the answer,

I am very new to this so am not sure of quite a lot right now :)
The coinmech is connected via a separate circuit board (pictured below) wires from coinmech are rainbow coloured at top left.
which is then connected to the main board via USB black wire which is bottom left side of additional circuit board)

Risim

I've converted megatouch force machine to etouch and work great.  I gut everything thou (mobo,hard drive, I/O board) all i really use it the touchscreen controller.

Barcrest

Open up notepad and insert some coins and see if it makes letters appear, if so you are good to go.

Jukebox Stats...

deefer

Hi,

I just sent to coin mech away to get it reprogrammed.
Should be back in a few days, will try it then & let you know the outcome.

Cheers!

Barcrest

You can use an ipac or something simular to hook up most types of coin mech if it doesn't work anyway.

Jukebox Stats...

deefer

Hi,

Nothing happens in notepad when a coin is inserted.

Whats an "IPAC", where can I get one, how does it work and is it expensive?
(please bear in mind that I am in Estonia so some things are more difficult to get here)

Thanks again

Tony

Barcrest

http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html

That is the link to the IPac, there are other items that do the same thing such as the KIM but the IPac is the most well known and the only one I have ever used.

Jukebox Stats...