Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Runtime Error 76

Started by Dangermouse, May 10, 2009, 09:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangermouse

When I first installed V5, the program ran fine.  Upon shutdown and restart, I get the following:

Run-Time Error '76'   
Path Not Found:
'e:\music\ . . . .\\'

I am running Windows XP and have all my music loaded on an external hard drive connected via USB ('e' drive).

I had this same problem with V4, but not the previous versions.

Help!

Barcrest

I need the full description from the error handler box. However it sounds like the USB drive has changed it's drive letter.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Dangermouse

The full message I get is:
E-Touch V5
Run-Time Error '76'
Path Not Found: 
'e\music\3 Doors Down - Away From the Sun\\'

I tried deleting the 3 Doors Down album, but when I restart, it'll just show another album and song in the error message.

The external drive letter hasn't changed - it is still 'e' and I have no problem accessing the music files directly through the 'e' drive. 

My only solution so far is to uninstall the program, and then re-install it fresh.  It works once, then upon shut down & restart, I get the Run-Time error.  ???

Barcrest

What OS are you running?

Jukebox Stats...

Dangermouse

Barcrest

Have you tried deleting the queue files? It might be that those are corrupting when you turn off the jukebox.

Jukebox Stats...

Dangermouse

O.K. - I tried un-checking the 'Save Queue on Shutdown' box with the hopes that the songs still in the queue would be deleted when the program shutdown, but didn't have any luck with that.

Next, I tried manually clearing all the songs from the queue and so far that seems to do the trick.
Thanks for all your help!  I'll let you know if I run into any other problems with this.  :beer

Barcrest

I will look at making that a little more robust.

Jukebox Stats...

Sharpy

Hi All,

I get the same problem with my Jukebox which is running on Win XP SP2 and v5 of E-Juke, my Jukebox works off a NAS Hard Drive over 54Mbps Wi-Fi.. Not the best way of doing things and I may have to stick a hard drive inside my cab at some point but it works okish.

To get to the point; I found a work around to the "Runtime Error 76" error; I created a script that run's on start-up; the script checks for a Wifi connection; checks for a mapped hard drive in this case (J:) then if passes step 1 and 2 runs E-Juke; this took a while to perfect but it works and saves on restarting e-touch.

:downer  ... Now just to fix my "skipping" ghost cursor around the screen and the buzzing noise/interference when connecting  via phono –aux to surround sound.
Sharpy's JukeBox; I'm currently playing:

eist1

The buzzing sound is probably from a ground loop, I have a noise filter on my connection to my stereo, here's one with a 3.5 mm connection http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SNI135/PAC-SNI-1-3-5-Noise-Filter.html?tp=2653 but you can do some more Google searches and look for ones with RCA connections.

Sharpy

Hi Eist1,

I'll give one of those a go; might have a search around Maplin or on Ebay; I knew it was interference of some sort; and it seems only be when the monitors turned on.. hmm.
Sharpy's JukeBox; I'm currently playing:

Barcrest

I brought a ground loop filter off ebay and it didn't work for me.

Jukebox Stats...