Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Stuck Between Tracks!!

Started by Risim, May 17, 2011, 02:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Hey guys I have had two of my jukebox give this wierd bug:
   When the song is finished it doesnt switch to the next song.  On the now playing box you'll see the next song but its stuck it wont start it stays on 0.00.  Upon arrival at the bars all I do is skip to the next song I have to do this for a couple of songs and the jukebox operates fine.  Any Ideas??  Its a pressing issue because both jukebox went down very late in night and both bars were packed, one bar owner was very displeased.  Thanks in advance.  :beer

Barcrest

Well in bars they tend to have a box that will let them skip a track so this could be a solution, you could even do it with a remote. If a track does stick it could be due to numerous issues from a corrupt track to something crashing WMP like a plugin or something odd in my code. I have had my jukebox playing for long periods of time to try and replicate this issue when people have seen it before and I have also added things to the code to try and make it skip to the next track when this happens but it seems you have still found a way to achieve it.  ;D

I have a couple of days set aside for working on the jukebox one of them being this sat where I am hoping get quite a bit done in terms of requests. I will look at the code that should prevent this happening and see If i can tweak it some more. You might as a precuation want to check it's not a bad track by trying to replay it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Thank you I'll really appreciate it.  I'm going to my locations and pplacing askip track button.  I've been holding this off because I wanted to get a remote control for my jukeboxes but haven't found one that will allow kep mappings. Any reccomendations?

Barcrest

I've not used any but the sound leisure boxes here which pretty much rule the roost in commercial jukebox have a box wired to the juke with a reject button (Skip Track) and dual volume controls. You could go down a simular route.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Quote from: alemar02 on May 17, 2011, 02:50:28 PM
Hey guys I have had two of my jukebox give this wierd bug:
   When the song is finished it doesnt switch to the next song.  On the now playing box you'll see the next song but its stuck it wont start it stays on 0.00.  Upon arrival at the bars all I do is skip to the next song I have to do this for a couple of songs and the jukebox operates fine.  Any Ideas??  Its a pressing issue because both jukebox went down very late in night and both bars were packed, one bar owner was very displeased.  Thanks in advance.  :beer
I had the same problem a few month's back and Barry did add a code to skip to the next track if this happens but the main issue was caused by my codecs. I have upgraded to the latest K-lite codec packs and this seemed to be my problem.
If the jukebox skips a track with a codec problem you still have a problem with that track and the issue is still not completely solved.
I installed K-lite 5.70 (Old version) again and the problem was solved. I have tested many different codec packs and 5.70 is the most stable of them all in terms of tracks and PC performence like CPU usage.

Also very very very important is to always use the same codecs and media types when prosesing your track, like using converters etc. as for when you play these songs on E-Touch. I'm using AVI files on my juke and in this case there are a lot of different forms this can be in like DIVX , XVID , MS Mpeg4 AVI , MJPEG AVI, LOSSLESS AVI , H264 AVI.

Risim

Thanks guys I've already wired 3 of my jukeboxes with skip song button so I should be set. I still have a few more jukeboxes to go.  :beer

Risim

Bad news guys, this error came up again and the client did as I instructed to press the 'next trck' button BUT no cigar.  The track was skiped but it just kept staring the same song over and over again.  ???

coffee

Try the latest beta. I had a problem that was caused by the queue screen which Barry fixed.
If you tap the queue screen on a blank space 5 times fast the juke caused a problem and sometimes crashed. This may be what is causing your problem which you straggle to replicate.

Risim

Thanks coffee I'll try the latest beta at home but I dont like using them for commercial use being they are betas.  I am trying very hard to get this bug identified and see if I can replicate it.

coffee

I have 7.0.0.9 beta 4 out and so far so good. I think this one are very stable.

Risim

I will like to ask for clear queue option to be availbe thru key mappings this way if promblem comes up again client can press a button and all queue will be erased.  This is what I do inthese cases I just go to location press queue settings and press clear queue and then just skip the song after that the jukebox works great.Is this possible? 

Barcrest

I guess this would be possible yes, could probably call it a reset button that will clear the queue and skip the track however it seems odd that just skipping the track doesn't work.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Yup!  I had the same problem on friday and went to location skiped track and it skipped fine but you will still see the first song (in which the jukebox got stuck in) on coming up next and the time remaing in now playing screen stays on 0.00.

Barcrest

I will add the button for you.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on June 13, 2011, 01:23:44 PM
I will add the button for you.
Any luck with the reset button Barry had a couple jukeboxes do same error this week.  One jukebox is at a bar thats takes 1:30hr drive.