Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

something went wrong

Started by sparkie15, December 24, 2015, 05:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

Account just been upgraded what version do i download.  i downloaded and installed the latest 918 private release and when i go to register it it says something went wrong reinstall the app  tried a few times no joy.
ant help would be apprrciated thanks

Mark Norville

I'm not sure for why that is., but your logical step would be to download the next version down, especially if you want it for tonight,.,
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Thanks will try that.  Not sure which version i can download donate $35 just for home use but struggling to get full version working.

Mark Norville

Just give 9.17 a go for now, it is Christmas day here so might just be a bug that Barry uploaded as he was working on another config file, as you can appreciate we are all on holidays.

Just try a lower version for now and that should hopefully be ok for now.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Still getting same problem.  something went wrong reinstall the app.  Ive tried various versions of the app including a V7 version and still getting same issue.  Wondering if the key is wrong.
Thanks Mark

berrywell

Quote from: sparkie15 on December 26, 2015, 09:17:07 AM
Still getting same problem.  something went wrong reinstall the app.  Ive tried various versions of the app including a V7 version and still getting same issue.  Wondering if the key is wrong.
Thanks Mark

Hi Sparkie15,

Assuming you're still having problems, which operating system are you installing on (windows 7, 8.1, 10 or something else)?

Also are you installing the jukebox software into directory "C:/" or "C:/program files/"? As you really should install it in "C:/"   

I am currently using Windows 10 and I received the exact same error message as you, it was only when I changed my install location to "C:/" that it installed OK.

You could try that and see if that sorts it?

Regards

Tel.

sparkie15

Thanks will give that a try this morning.  Fingers crossed.
All the best

Mark Norville

Yep do as Tel has said but also run as administrator as well.

I done a video a while ago if you are stuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDuXwPkIjI

The first 20 mins get you through the basics and then the second half goes through file structures etc.

Barcrest

If you don't run as administrator then it can't write the key to the registry and will give you that error. Being logged in with an admin account isn't enough you have to set it to run as administrator by right clicking and setting the compatibility settings to run as administrator.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

sparkie15

Thanks everyone for your help.  I was already running as admin but the problem was solved by changing the destination folder to c: and not have the installation in program files.  All is working great now and all credit this program is excellent. All i hope for in the future is 1920 by 1080 support as i have an elo touch monitor.
Thanks Mark

Mark Norville

You could in respects take a skin that you want, which is a little bit smaller and then try running it through skin tool and then changing the resolution, it might work and it might not, but if you have something very close then it might look ok.

Regards

Mark

sparkie15

Will give it a go what could go wrong ha.  Ill post the results if there are any
Cheers

sparkie15

Clean install of windows 7 after stupidly upgrading to windows 10 that broke etouch.  Now after clean install getting same error as i originally had.  "something went wrong reinstall app."  Ive done everything you have all advised and am still having the same issue.
So Frustrating

Mark Norville

Have you done your updates for Windows 7? I would make sure that you have updated everything on windows 7 I'm not sure why you are having problems for as it should really work straight out of the box, I do not think that there is unresolved bugs.

I would possibly go to reg edit and then remove all instances of etouch from the reg and then reinstall and see if that helps.

sparkie15

Thought updates might be the issue so i system restored to before updates were installed and now when i install v9.18 it prompts me to update database but doesnt ask for registration details.  Now thats a new one.
Thanks