Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

album art question

Started by andy123, July 25, 2008, 10:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy123

Hi,

Trying this out for the first time after many other programs...I like it so far.
I have art for all of cd's however they are named for each cd....not cover.jpg.
How do I get the program to recognize the files without renaming them?

Also...if this program is $25 now...shouldn't the name be changed ? :-)

Barcrest

You can set it to display the first cover found in the album folder and use that however naming the cover is the best way to get the jukebox displaying the covers as this allows you to have a smaller thumbnail cover to make the juke page through the albums quicker.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

d78

Compared to anything else in existence (that couldn't even do half the things this can), Freebox is virtually free. You'll never find a better faster support community either.

:beer

andy123

@ Barcrest...I looked at the config. screen in the progrom and also ran the separate configuration program and can't find where to do this....

@d78...I know Dude...I was just joking...once I get a few of things working right like my question in this thread I will buy without hesitation.

Thanks guys.

Well, scratch that....I found the option....however...for the cd's I don't have art for it is displaying art from other cd's...

Barcrest

Quote from: andy123 on July 26, 2008, 02:09:18 AM
Well, scratch that....I found the option....however...for the cd's I don't have art for it is displaying art from other cd's...

What art option are you using? First cover found? Also are you running the latest demo 4.0.11 that i released a couple of days ago.

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Quote from: andy123 on July 25, 2008, 10:01:51 PM
Also...if this program is $25 now...shouldn't the name be changed ? :-)

The author of the program (Barry) is an cuban exile.  He named the software after his status after escaping from the gulag.  He had to bribe a guard to gain his freedom. 

andy123

Quote from: Barcrest on August 01, 2008, 08:29:12 PM
Quote from: andy123 on July 26, 2008, 02:09:18 AM

What art option are you using? First cover found? Also are you running the latest demo 4.0.11 that i released a couple of days ago.

I am using first cover found. I updated to 4.0.11 and the random art for cd's I didn't have art for has disappeared.
Now that I have upgraded the jump to letter button does not function...I have to click the 'more' button either up or down to scroll.

Also, I still have a minor art problem. Some are just not displaying. I have about 450 cd's and all my artwork is standard .jpg There are about 20 that exist but are not displaying...it has your default missing art image instead.

One other minor question...my art is named the same as the cd...in some cases I have multiple artwork...like backs of the cases or the disc. They would be named like so:
cdname.jpg
cdname - back.jpg
cdname - disc.jpg
I figured selecting use first cover found would select the cdname.jpg file since it is first in 'explorer' but it is using the secondary pics instead. Is there a way to change this without me renaming my files?

I would also like to purchase the software but I don't really see an option on your site...I see the paypal donate button but it just takes me to pay pay home page with no further info....

Thanks.

Barcrest

Ok there might be a bug here with first cover found actually picking the second cover i will look into it....

Paypal info is barcrest@hotmail.com

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

@andy

I had the same filenaming structure as you. With a couple of programs help I changed (also had the option to copy) them all quickly to cover.jpg. I really struggled wanting to change but now that I have, I havent looked back.

In the end I could have used Total commander's search and replace feature
http://www.ghisler.com/

Great program as well

Barcrest

You are better off using a specified filename.

Jukebox Stats...

dbdoctor

I'm having a problem with album art as well.  Every MP3 I have has art in the tag, AND there is a 'folder.jpg' in each folder.  The thing is, I think this is a 'hidden' system file.  Would this be why Freebox can't see it?  I have "Display 1st image" checked in the Appearance Settings and I've tried putting folder.jpg into the source cover name box of the config dialog.

dbdoctor

Followed my hunch and it seems to be correct.  Freebox just doesn't see the hidden folder.jpg.  I used MP3Tag and these instructions to create a cover.jpg in every folder:

Keep in mind that 1 through 4 apply only if you have a jpg that you want to embed into your mp3.  I used steps 5 and 6 since I already had folder.jpg in every album's folder.

1. So here is what u need. Mp3tag. I have version 2.39.
2. Change directory to your music dir (or the album directory you want to change) You can do your whole dir if you use the same system (folder.jpg or embedded or %album%.jpg). Select the files you wish to act on.
3. Now Select the Actions(quick) icon (or shift-alt-5).
4. In the drop down select import cover from file. Yes you must do this step even if you don't want embedded art.
4a. You put the naming convention you currently use here (aka folder.jpg or %album%.jpg or u can use other strings -the things inside the %example%- bu I don't know them all)
4b. Select delete existing cover art if you only use one art per mp3 (best results) or you can leave it unchecked and it will just add the art in addition to whatever is already there (not as good results)
4c. Click OK

At this point your music is embedded if that was your goal congats. If your goal was to have folder.jpg saved as %album%.jpg, then read on.

5. Reselect all your music and again do a Actions(quick) (just like step 3) except this time select export cover from file from the drop down.
6. Input the naming convention you would like to have. You can use strings if you want every album to have a jpg with the albums name type "%album%" or if you want every album having a folder.jpg then type "folder". You dont type the ".jpg" into this one... it assumes that. If you type it it will end up being ".jpg.jpg".  Leave 'Export Duplicat Covers' unchecked

ScAtMaN

Quote from: dbdoctor on August 03, 2008, 05:08:06 PM
Followed my hunch and it seems to be correct.  Freebox just doesn't see the hidden folder.jpg.  I used MP3Tag and these instructions to create a cover.jpg in every folder...

I am seeing this as well.
Most of my music is ripped using windows media player, which creates a folder structure like:
Music-Artist-Album-tracks  nearly every folder has a Folder.jpg and a AlbumArtSmall.jpg.  As dbdoctor says these do not show up because they are hidden system files.  I don't really want to have to duplicate the covers when there are perfectly good images already, I have tried to change the attributes of the files but windows seems to put it back! Besides every time I add a new album I would have to remember to change the attribute or create a new image.

Every other program I have tested has had no problem picking up the album art so I wonder if this is something that could be changed in Freebox?
Here's hoping!