Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Problems with Line In for winamp Vis

Started by Ianworld, September 22, 2008, 02:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianworld

Hi everyone,

I'm a new freebox user and I'm loving the program so far. Makes me wish I'd kept better track of album covers over the years, but that is my fault. I've been trying to get the winamp visualizations to work. I have at the point that winamp starts up and starts the vis, but line input doesn't seem to be getting any sound. Is there something i need to do in order to get freebox to play out on the line out channel? Does it have something to do with my realtek audio codec/engine/thing? Thanks for any help.

-Ian

Barcrest

In your sound recorder you need to select stereo mixer as the output source and that should make WINAMP pick it up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mmalficia

well  as far as your  problem.. check your  sound drivers  config  amd make sure  "what you here"   is active   (if its a  recent driver thats how its  labeled under xp  atleast) if thats not  active   winamp 5+  just seams to have issues  when getting  its input  from the driver  instead  of   directly  from the card ) 

and  related  Barry  .. in the new version  i went from  freebox  killing winamp when the queue is empty  to  killing  winamp between every song   :<   

Mmal   

Barcrest

Yeah people have posted about the fact winamp gets closed after each song now. Winamp support was only added in to give VIS before i switched to WMP. Now WMP support is in i don't really see any gain using winamp. There are VIS for WMP that are as good as what you can find on winamp.

Jukebox Stats...

mmalficia

ha says JOO!      honestly i think nothing  compares to milkdrop2.0 if ya  got the hoursepower  to run it  .. but  thats realy   not the only  reason im working with the winamp thing   .. 

new album viewsolid

new album viewtransparent

but its kind of  dead in the water if  i cant find a way to keep winamp running  since this relies on some winamp code.    yea belive it or not  was still working on it  but as ya see pixle art takes  me a long arse time :>   

i understand thou if  your  moveing away from winamp  your moveing away     not much   i can do  about it :>   

PS ive  been meaning to ask but keep forgetting are  you over at the RR  forums too   sounds alot  like you 8)~

MMal

Barcrest

RR... Retro Remakes? I have been over there on occasion. I'm not dropping winamp but i just didn't want to spend to much time on it. I will see if i can see why it shuts off after each song.

Jukebox Stats...

mmalficia

yea stumbled on em from the  blitz forum ..  was  looking into  cross compiler's  for the pandora that  support  opengl es  ..   

and  you showed  up in my search    was  thinking ya were  moonliteing   makeing that  ruff n tumble   port  :>   J/K     

and on looking into  the  winamp thing   ok cool ill keep plugin away then  for a bit  see if  can make a layout i like