Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

multiple monitors

Started by jacktucky, August 16, 2008, 05:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacktucky

I'd say 4 or 5 releases I can't get my multiple monitors working

My main monitor is motherboard onboard video, number 1

my other monitor is #2 (checked with windows identify), but settings show that I have monitor #3 which is greyed out.

When I tell freebox to use monitor #2, it doesn't.  when i tell it to use #3, it doesn't work either

eist1

Make sure you check the "Use Second Monitor" box Save the configuration, Exit Freebox and reboot your PC. When it comes back up again if you have a second monitor (2 or 3), it should now be enabled, not sure why the reboot is needed but it is the only way I can get it to work. Good luck

jacktucky

hmm, i'll try that.  thanks

jacktucky

That didn't fix my problem.

If I go into screen settings, I see that windows has 3 monitors for me.  Only 1 and 2 are active.  If I hit identify, I see 1 & 2.

When I go into Freebox, I can select 1,2 or 3.  No matter what I select I can't see the videos.

Barcrest

In windows do you have your desktop extended onto the second screen? Also do you have the second screen positioned to the right of your main one in the windows screen settings. You need to do these things for it to work.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Quote from: Barcrest on August 21, 2008, 08:52:29 AM
In windows do you have your desktop extended onto the second screen? Also do you have the second screen positioned to the right of your main one in the windows screen settings. You need to do these things for it to work.

Yes, but my 2nd screen is on top.  I'll try moving it to the right.

Barcrest

That will be the answer. It does funky things with the co-ordinates unless you put it to the right or the main screen. Why i am not sure... It is something I want to look at and make more user friendly down the line.

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

That sort of works.  Freebox wants me to select monitor 3, even though the monitor is 2.

When I save settings, exit, and restart, monitor 3 is still selected but it doesn't work.  If I switch it to monitor 2 and then back to 3 it works again.

This is the way it has always been for me. 

Barcrest

You need to follow that strange reboot procedure now that squirrel mentioned. This will be fixed in the next proper release i hope, I will make sure i look into it.

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

yeah i think that fixed it.  what's weird is that when freebox comes up it just shows the desktop background.  You have to play a video for it to look like its working.

Barcrest

That is because you have the visualisations disabled, if you enable them they will display on that second screen.

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

I dont have the winamp visualizations checked.  Do I need that for WMP?

d78

Quote from: jacktucky on September 05, 2008, 03:14:51 AM
I dont have the winamp visualizations checked.  Do I need that for WMP?

No. it should work without winamp checked. But the radio button should be on "both".

The WMP vis not starting right is a problem Barry is working on.

Barcrest

Yeah it should be fixed in the next release.

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

Just letting everyone know this is still the procedure for getting multiple monitors to work in E-Touch as of version 5.0.12

Thanks for posting this months ago, I would have been clueless.  As it was I spent over an hour trying to get it to work before I looked here for the answer!

Probably something that should be looked at again.