Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Led sign

Started by fatfoot123, July 04, 2015, 11:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatfoot123

Got a 1.5m x 6 inch high led display usb to serial connection. The PC can connect and display text sent to the display. Would like to have songfacts play on led as they do on my LG Second screen when using etouch jukebox thanks

Barcrest

Depends on what type of LED sign it is. If it doesn't support the betabrite protocol then it will not work.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fatfoot123

Made contact with a supplier of this type of sign no reply - any setup info for me check if it's capable or not of displaying the songfacts
Cheers

Barcrest

You can just hook it up and try it using the betabrite settings I guess. When you connect it to the PC does it make a virtual comm port? You will need to set the comm port in etouch to match that.

Jukebox Stats...

fatfoot123

Hi BB
Fancy having a go at displaying on another type of led sign I can get it over to you for you to have a look cause I've no idea if it's betabrite as the manufacturer did not get back to me
Thanks fatfoot

Mark Norville

Just google the name or the serial number and you would come up with maybe a website to give you further details. I have a feeling that you possibly brought this off ebay?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

fatfoot123

Yep right off eBay off a dj thinking it would of been great for me songfacts

Mark Norville

Ouch was second hand rather than new. I would have said that most stuff is imported from China if you had brought new and a lot of products from there do not have much support. I would say have a look at the back then do a google search you should find something as more than yourself would have brought this.

Although most stuff is made in China nowadays but always pay a bit extra from a Country that is a bit more reputable if you can afford it. I would sooner pay an extra £2 knowing that a product is made in England for example or a brand name then anything from China, I did buy a card recently I have to admit from eBay even worse UK seller selling cheap cards, was advertised as windows 7 compatible I put the CD in to install only windows XP. I emailed the seller yet he claimed that other people was using it on windows 7. I done google searches on the serial number, was no website for the card and the websites that contained the driver was actually websites filled with viruses.

The card worked eventually but in the end I had to format the computer from windows 7 64 bit, to windows 7 32 bit.

If he is a DJ selling stuff, it's like buying a used car, if it is a sporty model capable of 0 to 60 in 2 seconds, chances are it has been driven as such e.g it is probably on it's last legs.

He might have changed software which might have not worked with the display hence why he is selling it.

Anyway waffle over as sleep soon or hopefully.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Do you have the manual? Some of those signs can only be programmed with their own software and some don't even support being connected to a pc.

Jukebox Stats...

fatfoot123

Fair comment Mark and BB, it looked the part,nice size,display is clear etc. Any advise on sites best to get a betabrite compatible led sign or one suited to etouch jukebox
Cheers Fatfoot

Mark Norville

I would find the serial number first and post it here and someone might be able to find a driver or something to get it to work.

I just had a look at the led sign options in admin menu and there are a few options, com ports etc etc have you tried all of these? I would imagine if you are using a USB it might not see it as that, but might be worth a try.

I shall try and find something now before I go to bed.

Just looking at beatabrite website now and cheapest is $350 and then the rest are silly money, but chances are you might need an led sign that has this connection

Computer Interface: Serial / RS232
Option: 25' PC-to Display cable for connection to optional BetaBrite Software

When I get on the monitor will have a look around and see if can find something in the UK and cheaper.