Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Run-time Error 5 on Config

Started by Archer, July 11, 2009, 09:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Hi, I just purchased e-touch to play my itunes library on a touch screen.  My itunes library is organized with mp3, m4a and some m4ps.

1) Installed verson 5.0.13
2) Run e-touch config
3) Selected library, Audio and all other settings at default
4) Point the import directory to the "itunes music" directory, which is the root of the music
5) Click generate library
6) It runs for a 10-15 seconds and then a popup with below (also, see attachement):

run-time error '5'
Invalid procedure call or argument

7) It stops in the same place every time.

I searched through the forums looking for a solution but I was unable to find one.  Would you mind providing some assistance?  (I realize the m4ps will not work, but from what I read, the m4a and mp3s should work.)

Thank you,
Archie

fordman

Hello Archer,

Your files are all out of whack so to speak. Use this tutorial to help get your MP3's and the likes in order

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1404.0

It will take some time, but you'll be glad you had taken the time to do it!

We're here if you need anymore help!

:beer

Fordman

Archer

Thank you for your posting.  My iTunes directory is in this format that the tutorial mentions, albeit in a different directory -- and without the artwork (see attached).

\itunes music\ARTIST\ALBUM\SONG.MP4 or MP3

What am I doing wrong?

Novalak

eist1

No, only supports MP3's, and somewhat WMA but not fully.

Barcrest

Quote from: eist1 on July 12, 2009, 09:09:01 AM
No, only supports MP3's, and somewhat WMA but not fully.

Yeah there is M4a tag reading but it is not the best. That might be where your error is coming from, you would be better converting them to MP3.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Archer

Thank you for the information.  I saw this posting http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=221.msg1966#msg1966 and thought it imported seamlessly from iTunes. 

I will convert all my m4a to mp3 and give it a try (fortunately, iTunes will do the conversion for me).

Thank you,
Archie