Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

I have a big collection with wrong directory structure

Started by BadMouth, August 08, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadMouth

I've been using The PC Jukebox for the past few years, but it seemed like it slowed down to a crawl when I added the last batch of albums.  So I'm giving other software a try.

I installed the trial of E-Touch V5.

When I go to build a database, it is not picking up any of my mp3s in my main music folder.
They are all in one folder with no subfolders and my file naming convention is <artist> - <album> - <title>

I notice that if I searched my Amazon MP3 or Emusic folders, E-Touch would picks up the mp3's just fine.

Is there an easy way to get an E-Touch database built without making a separate folder for every artist and album?

Or is there an automated way to convert to that structure using the tags?

Thanks

Sparky23

I believe the only way it will work for you is to have seperate folders for each artist and cd they have. I don't think it will work any other way. I always done it that way without any problems.

draginit

Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

BadMouth

Not the answers I was hoping to hear.  :-\ 
I've already invested so much time in ripping CDs, gathering album art, & keeping the file names uniform, I really don't want to spend the time to create folders & subfolders (nor do I want my collection stored in that format).
It's a shame, because the software looks like exactly what I want.

I was hoping maybe this has come up before and someone created and automated solution.

Thanks for replying though.  :beer

Barcrest

You can use something like media monkey to re organise the files into folder but you said you didn't want to store your music like that. To be honest I don't see why you wouldn't as it is far easier to find things when they are sorted as opposed to one huge list of tracks.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

BadMouth

Quote from: Barcrest on August 09, 2010, 09:10:56 AM
You can use something like media monkey to re organise the files into folder but you said you didn't want to store your music like that. To be honest I don't see why you wouldn't as it is far easier to find things when they are sorted as opposed to one huge list of tracks.

If it's automated, I don't mind converting it for the jukebox.

I'm a big fan of MediaMonkey.  I didn't even think about seeing if it could change the folder structure for an already ripped collection.  I'll see if I can figure it out and give it a go when I get home from work.

Thanks!

BadMouth

Media Monkey reorganized everything with minimal hassle.  :)

The next PITA was the album art.  I had it embedded in the MP3 tags, so E-Touch wasn't seeing it.

I used The PC Jukebox to extract the album art from the tags, but had it name it after the album.
The album art still isn't showing up in E-Touch.  Does it have to be named "cover" ?  :-\

ecbrad

Yes it does BUT if you only have the one cover then the config tool can create a copy automatically and generate the thumbnail

Brad