Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

m4a tags

Started by TheGuv97, March 15, 2011, 05:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGuv97

First of all, I just want to say that I absolutely love this program. I've been using VMJ for the longest time but now I'm building myself a new touchscreen juke and VMJ just isn't cutting it anymore (super buggy and just plain sucks). After seaching hi and low, I found Freebox. Freebox kicks the pants off of all of those other commercial "jukebox" softwares. I'll be gladly donating shortly... Anywho.

I've been playing around for awhile trying to get things set up the way I want them and so far everything is perfect, but. My iTunes m4a tags are reading just fine with the exception of the genre and year tags. I'm getting seriously random genres and years. The album/artist tags are good. I noticed that someone else posted the same problem a few months ago. I'm just wondering if there is a status update?

Thanks, Tom

James77

Yes, same here.  I have even tried to clear out the genre and year tags and it still shows some funky dates for M4A files.

Barcrest

I probably should update to the newer version of the tag reading dll
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

TheGuv97

Cool. Would it also be possible to pull the duration too? I noticed that it doesn't do that on it's own either.

Barcrest

Quote from: TheGuv97 on March 16, 2011, 02:54:20 AM
Cool. Would it also be possible to pull the duration too? I noticed that it doesn't do that on it's own either.

Hopefully, I will switch to the new DLL in the next release.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...