Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Request/Idea Android/Iphone App

Started by Thalfura, December 07, 2011, 06:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thalfura

Hi all. This is probably more directed at barry and the other people who we have on the forums who are capable of coding the software.

At The moment we have the ability to set a slave system in the network settings. is there any chance that an app could be developed (if Not Already Done) To control the jukebox over a wireless network.

I currently have XBMC running and the app they have for it is brilliant. Maybe something along the same lines would be ideal.

Anyway that's the end of my rant/thoughts/suggestion.

Keep up the sensational work folks. I love this program and wouldn't trade it for the world.

:beer

Andy

Barcrest

This is pretty much impossible with what we have now. However you could use VNC to control it using a tablet.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Thalfura

Cheers for the kick back to reality. Such is life.

Another idea i had but don't know if it would be possible is again like XBMC could we possibly add a "scraper" into the software to scrap certain sites for our fanart?

Again i'll just crawl back into my deep dark hole.

Cheers

Andy

mjbok

I was going to use VNC on either an iPad or TouchPad, but then realized that that only solves half of my issue, so here is the solution I came up with. 

Get a universal remote with learning capabilities.  Get an IR keyboard and dongle for your PC.  Learn the remote keystroke for anything you want to use.  Now a wireless remote (with remote extender) can adjust volume/tracks/whatever from anywhere in the room.

This works for my setup where the touchscreen is mounted in a wall.  Inside the wall (where my furnace and storage is) is the PC and stereo.  It works well for me, hopefully this gives you an idea.

Meph

What are the half of your issues that you couldn't solve?  I use Splashtop for the ipad and I have full control of Etouch from anywhere in the world.  The ipad/ipad2 is 1024x768 which is the same as my jukebox so when I log into it, what you see on my juke is what you get on the ipad.  The iPad touch controls exactly the same as my juke.  It even streams the audio over the network so I can take my ipad anywhere I want and have full access to the juke.

There is NOTHING that Etouch can do that I can't do with it on the ipad from anywhere.

mjbok

The half I couldn't do was with volume control and input for the stereo that the PC is hooked up to.  I have the juke setup in my pool room with the stereo and the PC hidden in a wall.  The stereo also is hooked up to the video source that feeds the TV in the room as well as the video conferencing solution.  With VNC I would have had issues switching the inputs on the stereo unless I bought hardware that is PC to IR, and I don't know if the software supports IR codes that are not for the software itself.

Barcrest

Quote from: mjbok on March 15, 2012, 01:38:16 PM
The half I couldn't do was with volume control and input for the stereo that the PC is hooked up to.  I have the juke setup in my pool room with the stereo and the PC hidden in a wall.  The stereo also is hooked up to the video source that feeds the TV in the room as well as the video conferencing solution.  With VNC I would have had issues switching the inputs on the stereo unless I bought hardware that is PC to IR, and I don't know if the software supports IR codes that are not for the software itself.

Why not have the stereo turned up and then control the volume via the e-touch interface or am i missing something here?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Meph

Yeah the volume control of an external amp isn't going to be solved with any Etouch app.  I have my volume set and I control it with Etouch like Barry suggested but if you use the device for other things than that might not be optimal.  As per your original post though, using a remote desktop like Splashtop will give you full control of Etouch from an Android or IOS device.  Not sure what you could do about controlling the amp but if I run across anything i'll post it here.