Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Selecting an album from Hot Hits

Started by TheGuv97, January 30, 2012, 04:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGuv97

I noticed that you have some known issues when clicking on an album cover in hot hits. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but when I click on an album cover in hot hits it comes up looking like a various artists album. It doesn't do this when I click on an album in history, unless I click on one in hot hits first, then it jacks up the history as well. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

TheGuv97

Barcrest

Someone else thought there was an issue with hot hits but i can't recreate it. Can you try deleting your most_played.dat and re-launching the jukebox and see what it is like then.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

TheGuv97

That seemed to take care of it. It even took care of some other little problems I was having like the extra zero's in the play count and the little spinning "hot" gif showing up in strange places.

I'm curious why this worked though. The problem starts right from a clean install when it first generates the most_played.dat, on 2 different machines (my juke and my test machine). Either way, if it ever gets corrupted again I guess I know how to fix it!

TheGuv97

So, I've been playing a little more and discovered that when the hot hits grow past 10 (onto a second page and beyond) then I had to delete the most_played.dat again because it went all screwy. Now, even after deleting the file again, only some of the albums show up properly when accessed from hot hits, others are still showing up as various artists. Now I'm really scratching my head...

On a side note, I noticed that after the hot hits get to 100, the numbers disappear. It looks like they go to a second line. I'd suggest maybe putting a limit to hot hits, say 40? Otherwise it's just another version of the history, no?