Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Songs stop playing after 4 or 5

Started by matinwi, August 19, 2012, 04:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matinwi

I ugraded to v8 on windows XP pro and when you load several songs in the que it will play some and then just stop playing and then wipe out all the songs in que and then you have to re-pick them . Then it  will play a few more then stop playing again .. Big party coming up and want to show it off but cant get it to work .right ..Help!

Matinwi

Barcrest

What do you mean it just stops? Can you look at what it says in the error.log and post that up here. Also is it the same song or album it does this on? That track or album might be corrupt.

Have you tried installing the latest K-Lite codec pack incase it's a corrupt or out of date codec issue?

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

matinwi

It will just stop playing at the end of a song then when you touch the screen it skips the song it was supposed to play and starts playing the next song , its random I have had it play three songs consistantly when you load the full Que with 4 or more thats when it does it . I have tried to load differant Que's with differant songs just to make sure its not a corrupt file .. I dont know how to find the error log? And im not sure what the K-lite is your talking about ? and where or how to download ?

Matinwi

Barcrest

K-Lite codec pack you can just search up and download it.

The log is located in the E-Touch folder called ErrorLog.txt it will open in notepad.

Jukebox Stats...

matinwi

I have been playing around and it seams if I load only 4 songs into the Q it works fine but if I load 5 or more it only plays 4 songs then stops ,, as soon as I  touch the screen it starts playing again , I thought I had a screen saver on but its turned off    it sucks I have a huge party coming up on Sat  and it keeps freezing up .  which site is it that you want me to try that K lite ?

Matinwi

Barcrest

You can try this...

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm

It as at your own risk though as it's a site out of my control.

Jukebox Stats...

matinwi

I will try it thanks . This is whats in my error log like 50 time over nothing else ,so I went in and turned off the led in the config

"8018","Operation valid only when the port is open","Module1","led_Sign","E-Touch v8.0.1","Compaq","COMPAQ-5AEE9433"

#2012-08-16 23:31:12#,"8012","The device is not open","Module1","led_Sign","E-Touch v8.0.1","Compaq","COMPAQ-5AEE9433"

#2012-08-16 23:31:13#,"8005","Port already open","Module1","led_Sign","E-Touch v8.0.1","Compaq","COMPAQ-5AEE9433"

#2012-08-16 23:31:13#,"8018","Operation valid only when the port is open","Module1","led_Sign","E-Touch v8.0.1","Compaq","COMPAQ-5AEE9433"

#2012-08-16 23:31:13#,"8012","The device is not open","Module1","led_Sign","E-Touch v8.0.1","Compaq","COMPAQ-5AEE9433"

Barcrest

You need to disable the LED signs to prevent that error.

You did that, did that fix the song hanging issue?

Also what version of media player are you running? Media Player 11 and XP are what I use, if you are using an older version try upgrading to 11.

What do you have in your XP Power settings, you need everything set to always on. Maybe the discs are spinning down?

Do you have a screensaver set? Have you tried disabling that?

Jukebox Stats...

matinwi

Also what version of media player are you running?
I am running wmp9 it wont let me up date that

Media Player 11 and XP are what I use, if you are using an older version try upgrading to 11.

What do you have in your XP Power settings, you need everything set to always on. Maybe the discs are spinning down?

Do you have a screensaver set? Have you tried disabling that?
Screen saver turned off  still doing it , I did notice that the song facts is popping up when its stoped I never had this on any other version can I disable that maybe ?

matinwi

Do you think it might be because im running it off of a 32 gb memory stick ,,, Where do you store your music files ????

Barcrest

My music is on a 3tb USB drive, i run E-Touch from the internal Hard Drive. I think it could be because you are running media player 9.

Jukebox Stats...