Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Random shuffle

Started by ballen, November 08, 2015, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballen

I would to see a better random method for playing albums.
Like add:  "Do not repeat Album after x Songs."

So it won't grab a bunch of songs in a row from the same album.

Thanks!

Gaucho

You can do track and artists in random settings.

Barcrest

As Gaucho says, limiting it by artist and track should prevent you getting repeats.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ballen

That won't work because of the way I have it set up.
I have albums that are set up as genres: Rock, Classic Rock, Dance, Classic Dance, Disco, etc.
Each containing a variety of artists of the same genre.
So I need it to randomly play one or two from each album added to the list.   

Mark Norville

Goto  admin, random play at the bottom left you have two boxes you can tick abut how many songs and artists tick those and select how many I am not on the computer at the moment as 5am near enough so I am trying too sleep, although that idea went out the window about 3 hours ago.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ballen

Also on the way to bed, I'll check tomorrow.
Thanks!

Barcrest

Quote from: ballen on November 16, 2015, 04:43:13 AM
That won't work because of the way I have it set up.
I have albums that are set up as genres: Rock, Classic Rock, Dance, Classic Dance, Disco, etc.
Each containing a variety of artists of the same genre.
So I need it to randomly play one or two from each album added to the list.

It will prevent repeated songs and artist but not genre. I have never really seen a situation where you wouldn't want a genre repeated in normal use. Usually songs that are related are of the same genre. Having it swap genres every X song would be a little off putting IMHO.

Jukebox Stats...

ballen

My large family has a big party every year and I usually DJ it and yes, they have me switching genres constantly.   
So I plan on using the E-Touch at the next one so I can just enjoy myself too!   

Mark Norville

I personally wouldn't worry about being the DJ, I would just do a playlist that suits every one in advanced and do it that way, pretty much every one likes the 80's and 90's which is the start of a party, unless you have older people there and then start off with the 50's or 60's as a warm up so you can greet guests and then just build up to that dance music rubbish.

I am not sure what kind of set up you have either just a pc or a cabinet, but if that was me at the party, then I personally would love to see a jukebox on the wall and then select my own tunes, at least it keeps everyone happy just make sure you remove the jump queue function otherwise probably end up with a punch up.

I just had another thought, why not just make up a few collections of 60's, 70's, 80's etc and then at least you can navigate that as well. Have the top 100 songs of those eras and job is a good un.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

If you are having the jukebox for people to pick their own tunes you might want to set the queue to random as when they are on free play the queue will get hours of music added in the first 10 minutes.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Is the queue finite Barry? i.e. etouch will only hold a set number of tracks in the queue.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on November 17, 2015, 11:30:45 AM
Is the queue finite Barry? i.e. etouch will only hold a set number of tracks in the queue.

You can set a queue limit otherwise it will hold pretty much as many songs as you throw at it.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

O.K. thanks Barry. Misread your post, my bad.