Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Various Artists/Album Art

Started by Rhythmdancer, July 09, 2009, 01:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhythmdancer

I downloaded E-Touch and I think it can be great if I could get it to work properly.  None of my album art is showing.  I have album art for all of my mp3's which are tagged.  I use a program called Noteburner for Mac (www.noteburner.com) to convert everything to mp3's which I believe embeds the album art into the file.  The other problem I am having is that only a few artists show up under artists, the majority show up under various artists, but they are not various artists.  I am not sure why this is happening.  I use Albumplayer and it reads everything perfectly.  I have about 7500 songs and have also used other jukeboxes successfully.  Anyone know why this isn't working?  I would love to use E-Touch Jukebox, as it is the most similar to Touchtunes at the bars.  Please advise.

Thanks

ecbrad

Album art needs to be in each albums folder.

eg:

\Rolling Stones\
\Rolling Stones\Jumping Jack Flash\
\Rolling Stones\Jumping Jack Flash\songs
\Rolling Stones\Jumping Jack Flash\cover.jpg

Also sounds like you don't have ID3 Tags in your tracks. Check using Tag & Rename or similiar.

Cheers.
Brad

fordman

Try this tutorial in the tutorial section http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1404.0. It should help you.

Also, ecbrad is correct, sounds like your mp3's ID3 tags need some house keeping!

Use http://download.mp3tag.de/mp3tagv243setup.exe MP3Tag to 'batch' fix your ID3 tags.

or use http://www.softpointer.com/downloads/AudioShell135.exe Audioshell to fix your ID3 tags.

Either will do, but MP3Tag will do it quicker and you can do multiple folders at once!

Hope this helps and Welcome to E-Touch  :beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Make sure the artist name matches exactly under each album or it will show as Various Artists. I use tag and Rename and make sure the artist name is the same across the whole album. For tracks that have a Feat. i move that info to the track title.

As for album art it can't be embedded you need an image in each folder with a consistant name, if you look at the tutorials as suggest you should be up and running in no time.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Rhythmdancer

Hi,

My mp3's all have ID3 tags.  They all have song title, album, artist, and genre.  I think the problem may be that not all of them have "album artist".  Is there an easy way to fix 7500 songs without going through each one individually and adding it?  Also, is there an easy way to get the album art from being embedded to being in the correct format.  I am hoping it is not going to be a huge process or it may not be worth it.

Thanks,

Rhythmdancer

bzpilot

Quote from: Rhythmdancer on July 11, 2009, 12:54:19 AM
Hi,

My mp3's all have ID3 tags.  They all have song title, album, artist, and genre.  I think the problem may be that not all of them have "album artist".  Is there an easy way to fix 7500 songs without going through each one individually and adding it?  Also, is there an easy way to get the album art from being embedded to being in the correct format.  I am hoping it is not going to be a huge process or it may not be worth it.

Thanks,

Rhythmdancer

The program called Media Monkey (which is free) will do this.  You'll also need to install the script to extract out a copy of the album art.

http://www.mediamonkey.com
and
http://trixmoto.net/mm/scripts.php?id=1

You're going to want the Album Art Tagger 4.3 scipt from the second link.

Then just extract a copy out called cover.jpg at the size of 500x500, and then rerun it for coversmall.jpg at the size of 170x170.  The process once it is installed even with 7500 songs will take under 10 minutes. 

(Use option 4 with the Album Art Tagger Script andIt will extract to the full path of your folder structure using "<path>\cover" and "<path>\coversmall".  Also select to suppress confirmation screen or you'll have to confirm each one individually.  Be sure to practise on a couple folders before running it on your whole library.  Once you have the program and script installed and setup correctly, like I said it'll only take it ten minutes or less to run through your library!)

Rhythmdancer

Hi,

Thanks for the info.  I have tried it and it works, but I all of my mp3's are not organized by a folder for each album.  There are hundreds of folders with around 20 different mp3's in each one, all mixed up. I basically batch converted all my mp4's to mp3's from Itunes and that is what it does.  They are all ID3 Tagged, but all mixed up.  It looks like the program attaches a cover to everything in that folder if I am correct.  I tried to do around 20 at once (different artists, etc.) and it put the same cover on all of them.  Any ideas?  Also, they all have the artist tagged,  but how would I do the entire batch (7500) to fill in the ones missing the album artist tag? 

Thanks for your help

Barcrest

Quote from: Rhythmdancer on July 11, 2009, 05:29:49 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the info.  I have tried it and it works, but I all of my mp3's are not organized by a folder for each album.  There are hundreds of folders with around 20 different mp3's in each one, all mixed up. I basically batch converted all my mp4's to mp3's from Itunes and that is what it does.  They are all ID3 Tagged, but all mixed up.  It looks like the program attaches a cover to everything in that folder if I am correct.  I tried to do around 20 at once (different artists, etc.) and it put the same cover on all of them.  Any ideas?  Also, they all have the artist tagged,  but how would I do the entire batch (7500) to fill in the ones missing the album artist tag? 

Thanks for your help

Dude you are stuffed. You need the music organised so each album is in it's own folder, if you can't do that then this program isn't for you i'm afraid.

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

It's one of the MANY things wrong with iTunes....what a true piece of crap

Brad

bzpilot

Quote from: Rhythmdancer on July 11, 2009, 05:29:49 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the info.  I have tried it and it works, but I all of my mp3's are not organized by a folder for each album.  There are hundreds of folders with around 20 different mp3's in each one, all mixed up. I basically batch converted all my mp4's to mp3's from Itunes and that is what it does.  They are all ID3 Tagged, but all mixed up.  It looks like the program attaches a cover to everything in that folder if I am correct.  I tried to do around 20 at once (different artists, etc.) and it put the same cover on all of them.  Any ideas?  Also, they all have the artist tagged,  but how would I do the entire batch (7500) to fill in the ones missing the album artist tag?  

Thanks for your help
Alright the solution to your folder organization is : www.fixtunes.com

It has quite a few customizable options for looking at the ID3 tags and moving your music into the Artist/Album structure you want.  That is all I would recommend this program for though!!!  I would not try and edit your ID3 tags with this program (especially in a batch) it is known to get inaccurate information.  It may have a way to copy artist info to album artist though - you may give that a shot.  It does work very well for moving/organizing into an Artist/Album structure though.  Again I recommend doing a few artists first to make sure the settings are what you want.  There is a trial version, I'm not sure the limitations on it, purchasing is $25.  Good luck.

Sly

Media Monkey can also organize your mp3's into folders as long as all your tags are correct. The only problems you may have are with compilations and various artists albums as the program will put each song into a separate artist folder so I would do those manually if you don't have a lot or do them in a separate batch and move them to the correct folders. As for the album artist tags I would just leave them blank and just use the artist tags. And Barry correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the config reads the album artist tag, only the artist tag.

Barcrest

No sly is correct the album artist tag is not used by E-Touch.

Jukebox Stats...