Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Non MP3 Tagger

Started by ecbrad, July 08, 2009, 02:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecbrad

Is it possible to get the tagger tool to automatically scan subfolders and generate the tags automatically? I have 1000 folders and tagging each one manually is horribly painful. Like scanning for the music library you only need to select the main parent folder and click go and it reads all the sub-folders.

I have my music videos setup the same way and would love it if the tagging tool could generate the tags automatically.

Cheers,
Brad

fordman

One Folder at a time!

The only reason you would want to 'batch' tag would be for the genre, right?

I cant think of any other reason to 'batch' tag a whole library where the tags all have the same info.

You'll be glad you did each one at a snails pace. You can make sure you get it right the first time. I had 48,000 tunes to fix ID3 tags and it took me about 3 weeks. Now when I add new music, I make sure its all tagged correctly the first time!  ;D

Also, after I did all my tagging, I made back-up DVD's of my MP3's, so in the future if I need to add music to another setup, the music is already ripped & tagged, ready to go!

:beer

Fordman

ecbrad

For music I did exactly as you did and I'm VERY particular when adding new stuff. I always Tag & Rename, add Cover Art and run MP3 Gain over each track/album before adding to the database. I also have a 1 TB drive synced for backup. I have no issue with the music side of stuff.

My problem is with Music Videos. At the moment unless I'm stupid and haven't found a better way you have to manually click generate tag for each subfolder in my music video collection. I thought it might have been a smart thing to be able to set your tag mask (based on file name) and have it walk down the directory and auto-generate for each file in each sub-folder automatically. Essentially a one-click solution for those of you with a largish music video collection. Given I have about 3500, it's going to be a long and slow process =(

Cheers,
Brad

Barcrest

This has been requested before and is something that i could add, however i figured it was a low priority request. Another option was to add auto tagging of videos during the config process. Maybe I should try and impliment that.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Actually I'm surprised it hasn't been requested more as I'm seeing a LOT of people starting to collect music videos now and given the excellent support for them in E-Touch it'd be nice. I only just got the output sorted last weekend to display on my Plasma TV =)

It might make sense to add it as a function during config for sure. In fact it might be a better idea?

Cheers,
Brad