Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Various Artist CD When It's Not

Started by gt, December 26, 2010, 05:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt

Hi there - I really like the program you have created and have used it quite a bit.  Have a question, hope you can assist.  We have 1005 CD's, ripped into 13,254 MP3 files.  Of these, 497 are Country genre  with 6214 songs. Typically many country songs are duets in nature - am having difficulty with this genre -

Example - Alan Jackson, CD "DRIVE" - it is Alan Jackson's CD, but he has a duet with George Strait on one song on the CD, so the program is looking at each song on the CD, it sees George Strait as a duet and then tags the CD as a Various Artist CD, when it should not be.   

Windows Media player does not tag the album as a Various Artist if there is a duet on the CD.  We have tried other jukebox programs such as Virtual Music Jukebox, Touch Jams, Album Player, etc. and they do not do this.  Reviewing the forum pages with others that have encountered this problem, they say to re-tag each song, however as you can see with the large amount of music we have, this would be very difficult to do. 

Is there anything you can suggest or do to help?  Maybe an option in the configure program to look at Album Artist Tag rather than Song Artist Tag?

Windows Media player doesn't have a problem with it.  We've been hoping since we've had the program (over a year now) that someone could come up with a fix for this issue.  We now have a bunch of new CD's we rec'd. for Christmas and have to re-tag each one that might contain a duet on a single artist CD.
Anything you can do/suggest would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks for your time!!

Hitbig

With Tag & Rename you can copy from one field to another with one click the whole database, also can make a back up of let say "Song title" (before overwrite) into an unused tag field, just in case.

bzpilot

Yes, this has been an issue for many people.

E-Touch is one of the few jukebox programs that looks at Track Artist rather than Album Artist. Has been that way for years.  Just have to go through and change all Track Artists to match each other.  You'll lose some good track data but that is just the way it is.

Hitbig

As I said, no need to lose data, just copy to an unused tag field, then copy to desired tag column.

Right know my tagging is using track artist, but if that changes no problems, 'caus my 20,000
mp3 can be changed very easily to any tag field with just pressing the enter key. :o

Barcrest

I just put the duet information into the track title part usually in () like (Feat. Dido) or something like that.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

evolutionmelb

A LITTLE OFF THE SUBJECT

I personally have alot of compilation cds with mixed artists in my collection, but when i open the cd it only comes up with the track names and not the artist, i think it would be an awesome addition if it displayed not only the track title but the artist in front of the track name. So to say if i add a 100% hits album when you select it there is no indication of artist only the track name. I would be more then happy to pay to see this addition.

Barcrest

It does this already and has done for a long while.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

It's in the setup when your running the program.  Check the box that says SHOW ARTIST FIRST COMPILATION or something similar.  On the first or second tab.  (Sorry, not near the jukebox right now.)

evolutionmelb

I mean where it says the track title it should be possible to have it eg. (Brian Adams- Summer Of 69 ) And Not just " summer of 69 " once you select the track it comes up with the artist but there is no indication until you open the song to add it to the que. there is no way to change this in the setting i have searched high and low

Cary_B

Options
General Settings
   Show Track First Compilations.

Check this box, and see it this is what you are after.  Unless I am completely misunderstanding you, this should fix it.

evolutionmelb

Still no good, i will talk you through my problem, on the main screen in freebox it has all your album covers, when you select one of them it goes into another screen, then on the left hand side it has the album cover and the list of songs on the right hand side, that list is only displaying the track names and not the artist as well is it possible to display both i have checked all my tags and they are all in order.

Cary_B

Not sure what to tell you here.  Thats the setting that works for me.  Just played around with it, and it doesn't seem to change the appearance when the jukebox is running.  Maybe try checking this option, save your settings, then shut down and restart.  Not sure if this is one of the options that requires a restart to toggle or not. 

Whenever I reload/start from scratch, I automatically just click this setting.  It's always worked for me.