Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

various artists problems

Started by gfly3, July 04, 2011, 03:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfly3

Hello ,
I have a few "Now" series compilations and i cannot get them to show up  correctly. When I click on one in the album view , and it goes to the song list , it will show the same artist and song for every track on the album , then if you click on a song in that view the artist and song show up correctly.. I don't know what to do ... I'm running V7.0.07 on Windows 7 ... Thanks for any help !
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

gfly3

Here is a link to a picture of what I'm talking about, i have tried tagging every possible way...

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee511/gfly3/Untitled-1.jpg
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

Barcrest

The now albums are compilations so they have different artists on them hence they show the artist name.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

Thank you very much for the reply Barcrest, just makin sure i was'nt doing something wrong . LOL
  Great program man !!!!

Barcrest

You can make it show track - artist on compilations. Just set that in the options screen.

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

Barcrest

General Settings
Track display options
    Show Track First on compilations.

That should do it.

Jukebox Stats...

gfly3

Ok thanks, I'll try when I get home from work, and post back my results ...   

Norman Marshall

This is how i have to tag mine

This puts the nows where i want them
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

its-smee

you need to download "tag & rename", as mentioned many times on this forum.
I have many "now" compilations and I rename the file to (track) - (artist) - (title)  and then get tags from file name. ( a function of tag & rename) .
Every album displays correctly with individual name and title.  The main heading will read still "various"

All the now albums display in numerical order. the folders are named e.g. "now 77" and the album to "now music 77-1" and "now music 77 - 2"  etc

gfly3

I have tried all the suggestions you helpful people have given me and the only one that works for me is by GlennCarnell (thanks GlennCarnell) . All the others result in the same thing as the picture in the link I posted . Now with that being said, if i click on a track in that view it shows up correctly (correct artist and song), then if i keep hitting the back button and go back to the album view and then click on that album again , all artists and songs show up correctly until i go to a differant album and go back to that one again it starts showing like the one in the link again.. Lol   Thanks for all the input everyone, I'm sure to get it sorted out sooner or later..
gfly3

Norman Marshall

I think what i would do is tag the nows the way ive told you and then go to C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox 7 and delete the videos.rec and videos.cvr files, deleteing these two files will totally delete your library, then open the E-touch config tool and generate your library again, This sorted out my library when it went tits up and hopefully it will sort yours out too
                                                                             good look
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

gfly3

Thanks for all the help everyone , I upgraded to lifetime membership and downloaded the latest version and it seem to have fixed all my problems ..
Thanks again