Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V7020 - Random Play not working - Win7

Started by modessitt, December 14, 2011, 01:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

modessitt

I was having a problem with V7015 with it hanging on the "loading Skin" screen, so I upgraded to the new v7020.  I can't get the Random Play feature to work.  Not sure if this is a 7020 bug or something else.  It worked fine when 7015 was working.

Here is a screenshot of my Random Play settings...

draginit

try setting the value to 1 in"wait time between tracks"  its a shot in the dark but ive never been able to set it to zero succefully either.

also, maybe unchecking the "use this volume" or setting it in the middle just to see if they are not in fact muted or too low volume to hear.. i dont use that setting so not sure which side is + or -
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

modessitt

Tried that, but it didn't work.  I regenerated the library again, then it wouldn't load when I tried to run - just hangs at the loading skin screen.  Killed it then ran again as Administrator, and it works.  Random Play is now working, but I'm still having the occasional issue where it tries to play something called "Internet Most Played", which is nothing since I'm not using Internet Radio or anything.  Don't see nothing in the settings to remove that, and nothing in my library that says Internet anything...

modessitt

Well, for whatever reason, the program won't load and play unless I run it as administrator.  If I run it any other way, the program seems to hang on the loading black/blue skin screen.

Random play seems to work when run as administrator, but I still need to resolve that internet thing on my random play...

Barcrest

You need to run it as admin because you have windows 7, this is well covered throughout the forums. I think you will fair better if you don't install it into the program files folder.

Also having do not repeat for 21 songs with 21 artists can cause delays if your library isn't very big.

As for this internet track you think it's trying to play, where are you seeing that?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

modessitt

QuoteAlso having do not repeat for 21 songs with 21 artists can cause delays if your library isn't very big.

I currently have 177 artists with 5000+ songs, so I'm good there.  I noticed on an older version (7015 I think) that it would play a song from a different album by the same artist when I had it set to not repeat, but I don't think it's doing it now.

QuoteAs for this internet track you think it's trying to play, where are you seeing that?

When I had it running the other day on Random, it stopped playing.  I checked it and the "Now Playing" box on the top said "Internet_MOST PLAYED" or something like that.  When I stepped to the next song, it went back to playing random songs again.

If it happens again, I'll get a screen shot for you...