Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Really bad lag on P4 2.4 1G of RAM

Started by mjbok, December 01, 2011, 05:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjbok

I stumbled on this software while looking for touchscreen jukebox front ends and decided to take the demo for a spin.  Looking through the fourms it looks like a P4 should be plenty of machine, but it drags.  when trying to click on anything or scroll there is a noticeable lag.  Is this normal?

aussie8ball

E touch should be running pretty good on what you have. I'd say it's something else.

Barcrest

Are you using smaller cover thumbnails? Also where exactly are you seeing lag and how many albums do you have. If you could post up a video of the speed it might help work out what is happening.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mjbok

I'm using the default (from WMP) thumbnails which are about 200x200.  I posted a video so people could see what I meant at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhXZpmDayNg   .  Other videos I saw the slider was immediate not a delay.  There is also a delay from button push to reaction.  I'm thinking of reimaging the machine with tiny XP.  Don't want to spring for the full version until I know it will work on my machine.

Thanks for any advice!

Barcrest

Ok... This lag i have seen with loading the album covers. What do you have set in the options for your cover filename and your cover small filename. Also how is the media stored? Loacally or on a network, i know it can lag over Wi-Fi.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mjbok

It's stored on a local partition.  I have the thumbnails set to use folder.jpg.  Should I let the program create smaller from that file?