Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

my jukebox......is dead :(

Started by draginit, July 13, 2008, 07:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

its a sad day in the jukebox world today as the green machine has decided to kick the bucket during a huge party last night and wipe one of my harddrives complelty clean. :'( i have two 500g HD's one for music only and one for videos and karaoke and of course it had to be the music drive.. i cant even figure out why it wuldve happened cept for it a seagate(and its happened b4 in another cpu)

on a lighter note, i did have a backup of some of the music on my external but hadnt gotten around to updateding it to the current list that was on the juke..i dont even know how many albums i lost, i dont even want to know at this point. i had collected just over 60,000 songs, 4116 albums  :tommy

so it was a huge blow to me with the thought of all that work to make the music "perfect" in my way and im not motivated at all to do it over again.

so..i guess what im getting at is dont make the mistake i made and assume ur juke will last forever. keep a mirrored backup at all times and dont get lazy like i did and say i'll get to it later.. 
-i might mess with it sometime next week... or month, after i accept this loss of a good friend and i'll post the damages(numbers)..
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Orc

Whoa......

That's a crock.......

I learnt my lesson many years ago.....Lost a shitload..

Now I backup every week.......

Hold on whilst typing, just realised the actual music on the juke with all the image resizes, mp3gain etc is NOT backed up.....

It is on the main box......Not the juke.....

Gonna remedy that right now........

Barcrest

I will be adding a second 1TB drive to mirror mine, i would hate that to happen... But there is always a plan.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

I will do mine as soon as I get done fixing my files since ashampoo is still checking them all after 4 days and I have 2 more days to go so I am not touching anything on it.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

kizer

My configuration

10gig OS
160gig Juke Drive
250gig Backup of music

I use this app every time I change anything on my 160gig Juke drive
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

Heck I even have a backup of my 10gig OS drive laying around somewhere just in case my OS dies.
I kept the OS drive small because its faster to Defrag and honestly other than the OS, some MP3 editing programs there isn't much on it.

Sorry to hear about your loss man. I would crap if I had of lost it all. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Hard drives are cheap if you want to ebay them and thats what I did. I figure if my backup dies I can buy another one and reback it up. If my Juke drive dies I can swap out the backup and buy another backup.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

eist1

draginit,

Did you ever get back any of your music from the bad drive? I actually just restored a drive that I accidently formatted, and got back all of my files. As long as you can boot up your PC and see the drive as a drive letter (or the PC recognizes it) the files can pretty much be restored. Let me know if you can as I can point you to the program to get the files off of it.

draginit

is this possible? well i havnt turned it on since that day and been kina busy just doin other things but i do remember seeing the drive in the my computer tab.. it had wiped the name i had on it, but did have a drive letter and said (local disk)  but clicking on it said something like inaccessible or cannot read er something. i  dont remember.
-let me know what program and i'll give it a try!
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

There are several recovery tools that MAY work depending on how the data has been damaged. What file structure was on it, NTFS or FAT32?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spacefractal

as long the harddrive still can been readed and is not totally dead, I asume NTFS (I guess you use) paration is corrupted, but the data should still on the harddrive. Just make sure you do NOT write any more data on it.

There exists file recovery tools, like file scavenger  or R-Studio to scan the whole harddrive, even the paration is lost. Howover it can take some hours to complete the scan. Both applications cost money, but woth each thier penny.

When you recover your data, make sure to copy to a new harddrive and DONT overwrite data on the corrupted drive. Even you came to format the curropted drive, the data is STILL on the drive, until they are overwrited by new files.

eist1

Yes, exactly what spacefractal said, as long as you don't write anything to the drive, you should be fine, as long as it isn't corrupted. draginit, I just PM'd you some information so check it out and let me know if you need anything.