Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Recomended Machine SPecs

Started by WYC, August 28, 2011, 02:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WYC

Hi guys,

our current jukebox machine is streteched right to its limits tho im not quite sure how/why. it looks over qualifyed on paper, but it has always been a dud since the day it was bought.

Anyways, what kind of specs would you recomend?

Graphics card specs are my biggest concern as i want to have dvi/hdmi output for the second screen. The main screen atm still needs to be vga. What kind of machines are you guys running out there?

Cheers,
Abe

draginit

i can share what is running mine but i know its been covered many times that very low end pc's can handle e-touch  ;)

win xp
amd 64
4000+
2.41GH, 768 Ram
Nvidia Geforce 7300 LE   im using the vga to the TS and s-video to the tv/projector.. i use s-video because its easier to find long cables to run and never really seen a difference when i was using the DVI
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

WYC

Thanks heaps. I'm sure its a topic that will continue to keep poping up.

we currently use the svideo, but the signal drop over 40meters is kinda killing the quality. Its also not clear enough for presentations and things, plus it makes things a lot easier when they all use the same kind of connection. Puts the cost of a switching device well under the $1000 mark.

Thankyou again

leeclark2612

A simple solution i found in the past was to take a VCR or other device with integrated tuner, use COMPOSITE/SVIDEO from pc into vcr/tuner and use the UHF output signal to feed a signal amplifier that can feed up to 6 tvs. Perfect picture quality every time, and only a roll of coax was needed! Simply tune in each TV to recieve the VCR signal...

draginit

of course! why didnt i think of that,,coax will go forever lol
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Touchscreen07

I joined this site in 2007, but only just now am I putting together my juke. All the timber has been sitting at work nearly 5 years......my pc spec is as follows:

Asus A8N SLI SE motherboard with AMD 3700+ CPU
2gb Samsung DDR PC3200
nVidia XFX 6600GT PCI-E graphics card
Microtouch 15" touchscreen monitor
WinXP Professional

I had it set up in the boardroom at work last week (needed some space) and it runs really well.

It should be a sweet set up when it's done and the added bonus is I have a Bose USB transmitter so I can output to the Bose system when not using the juke speakers. Should be nice when it's all done and hopefully won't be waiting another 5 years to get there! I know it's overkill, but I've been waiting a while.