Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Network (NAS) database?

Started by Touchscreen07, August 29, 2011, 09:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touchscreen07

Hi, just a th0ught, but I have all my songs on a NAS. Is it possible to build the database and stream all songs to the jukebox from a NAS drive.

I tried searching for the network drive when building the database, but it won't let me find it. Maybe it's there and I'm missing something, but it would be nice to have a machine setup and running with minimum drives etc then pull all the songs wirelessly through the NAS. Would make updating a breeze.

Would be great for requests as you could just add the song to NAS and away you go!

Thanks.

Thalfura

you need to Map the network drive on your juke first and then the drive will show up as a "technically local" drive in your config.

To map a drive right click on my computer, click on map network drive, assign a drive letter, browse for the NAS drive.

Touchscreen07

Ah, I hadn't thought of that, bit of a schoolboy error. I have a tendency to overthink things. I'll give it a bash once the machine is built, which should be this week. It's only taken me 4 years to get round to building it so am proper chuffed.