News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

I need some Computer Help (Memory Capacity)

Started by Zack5959, September 29, 2011, 03:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack5959

Hey all, new here, upgraded account and excited to build my Jukebox.
I have a Touch Screen Monitor with the Hard Drive attached to the back. (Neoware CA14)

Currently it is almost out of space, with nothing more than XP installed.
I want to upgrade my memory but need help!
See the following pic of my current memory:

I can get a 1GB memory card no problem. What exactly is the Compact Flash Card on the Left and do I need to upgrade that to 1GB as well?

Thanks!

Cant wait until I set all this up!

Barcrest

Is it using the compact flash card as the hard drive?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Zack5959

Quote from: Barcrest on September 29, 2011, 03:57:13 PM
Is it using the compact flash card as the hard drive?

Id imagine so now that you ask, because it says 'Windows XP embedded' on it.

....which would mean I just need a memory card upgrade right?

Forgive my ignorance

Shaggydo

thats a thin client, you wont be able to run etouch on it, but you could usit as  a remote media player. maybe you can strip the monitor to use on onother computer?

Zack5959

Quote from: abispac on September 29, 2011, 04:42:59 PM
thats a thin client, you wont be able to run etouch on it, but you could usit as  a remote media player. maybe you can strip the monitor to use on onother computer?

Ah poop. Can you explain why I cant use this thin client to run the program?  (again, ignorant)

I can use the monitor with a tower, but would prefer not to if I can get around it.

Thanks in advance

Barcrest

If it has XP Embedded then it should work, coffee has had it working on that.

Jukebox Stats...

Zack5959

Quote from: Barcrest on September 29, 2011, 04:59:34 PM
If it has XP Embedded then it should work, coffee has had it working on that.

Great Ill give it a shot!

Is the 512 MB Memory going to be adequate?

Barcrest

Etouch doesn't take much space but you will be better installing it to a second drive, the one i assume you have your music on.

Jukebox Stats...

Zack5959

Quote from: Barcrest on September 29, 2011, 05:19:09 PM
Etouch doesn't take much space but you will be better installing it to a second drive, the one i assume you have your music on.

Sounds like a Tower is the best route then.
Ok will do.

Barcrest

Quote from: Zack5959 on September 29, 2011, 05:23:10 PM

Ok will do.

Where do you have your music stored? I assume it is on a second drive. You can install E-Touch to that drive. You can install it on that small CF drive but the Database can get quite big, i think mine is 100mb for my audio. It stores that database in the same place as you install E-Touch so you wouldn't have room on that CF drive. The base install of E-Touch is only about 20mb however so if you only have a small music collection the database will only be less than 10mb.

Jukebox Stats...

Zack5959

Quote from: Barcrest on September 30, 2011, 07:42:44 AM

Ok will do.

Where do you have your music stored? I assume it is on a second drive. You can install E-Touch to that drive. You can install it on that small CF drive but the Database can get quite big, i think mine is 100mb for my audio. It stores that database in the same place as you install E-Touch so you wouldn't have room on that CF drive. The base install of E-Touch is only about 20mb however so if you only have a small music collection the database will only be less than 10mb.

To be honest the music I do have is not that extensive yet. I wanted to get the software up and running before I have my friends bring their collections over.

If I can find a 1GB Windows XP embedded card I will go that route,. Its all about space constraints.

Barcrest

Quote from: Zack5959 on September 30, 2011, 12:08:29 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on September 30, 2011, 07:42:44 AM

Ok will do.

To be honest the music I do have is not that extensive yet. I wanted to get the software up and running before I have my friends bring their collections over.

If I can find a 1GB Windows XP embedded card I will go that route,. Its all about space constraints.

Well you will need an external drive to store the music because even if you had 1gb just for music it would only hold about 10 albums.

Jukebox Stats...

Zack5959

I am understanding now.

Are you saying all I really need is a compact external hard drive (connected via USB?)

almaff

Quote from: Zack5959 on September 30, 2011, 04:48:16 PM
I am understanding now.

Are you saying all I really need is a compact external hard drive (connected via USB?)
Yes,all my music is stored on an external hard drive