Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

How to import album covers

Started by deefer, August 24, 2011, 01:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deefer

Hi,
I have 6000 MP3's
what is the best way to import them with album covers?
I can import the songs OK, but can't seem to get album covers to appear anywhere :(

Barcrest

I'm assuming you just have individual tracks and not albums. In which case you have a couple of options but all will involve a little work.

You can have them grouped by artist, so you will see a cover for each artist and clicking it will show the tracks for that artist.

Or you can have a picture for each song (Which i think is preferable and works like the sound leisure boxes).

Either way you will need them moved into folders. Assuming they are at present all in folder then you can do this using Tag & Rename and get it to rename the songs. If in the new name you add \%3\ it will create a folder based on %3 which i can't remeber quite what that is but you can use either the artist name varible or the song title. If you use the song title each track will be in it's own folder if you use artist name it will group them by artist.

Once you have this you can then have a cover.jpg in each folder and this will show as the album cover. If you have them split so each song has it's own folder you can use the jump to play options on single track in the e-touch settings so the track list is never shown as there is no point with single tracks. This will then work like a singles based jukebox, i also suggest you duplicate the track name into the album title field if you are doing this so on the album screen it will show artist name and track title which makes more sense in a singles based jukebox. For this set up i suggest using a picture of the artist for the cover.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

deefer

Hi,
Sorry, still confused

I have to find and add a picture manually for each track? 6000 tracks, 2000 artists.

Also, I imported a couple of .mkv audiobooks by accident that I cant seem to delete from etouch

Barcrest

You have to find a picture for each track if you are going to go singles based. If you are using tacks from a sound choice box they already have the arist images you need...

Doing thigs properly always takes time, a few of us on here have had to work through over 100,000 ALBUMS so 6,000 tracks is light work really  :D

Jukebox Stats...

deefer

Is there anyway to import artwork from itunes or mediamonkey?

Both these grab the cover from the MP3

WHat do you mean by "Tag and rename"?
Sorry, I just don't understand how to do this?

How do I remove all tracks from etouch and start again? I tried uninstall and reinstall but I still have MKV files there that I cannot remove (remove album doesn't work for them either)
Does etouch copy music to it's own foler(s)? if so where are they?

I am guessing etouch does actually work and that I am being incredibly stupid here, but I just cannot get it to import songs (trying with just 100) and organise them in a sensible way.

Barcrest

Tag & rename will extract out the art work for you. Tag & Rename is tagging software, you can get a 30 day trial. You could probably use media monkey to organise it all as well as I think others have but i just don't know how to do it with that.

Jukebox Stats...

deefer

ok, so i used tag & rename, and in that program I can see the artwork

in etouch in imported files from desktop/jukebox music
"finished searching 252 files found, Now building database" & "no errors"

But I still have no music in etouch. "number of tracks: 0"

I must be missing something really simple here. I just can't get it to work.
Still cannot remove MKV files which were imported by accident

Please can someone tell me what I am missing??

deefer

continued from post above;

I tegged & renamed as suggested, imported files.

Now I have 227 songs in one album

How can this be so difficult to get working???????

Norman Marshall

I think an easy option to learn how to use tag n rename is to google the instructions mate, Youll see then its not that hard to use the software
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

bhays

Couldn't you take a clean copy of Itunes with no library, check to let Itunes manage its library and check to copy to Itunes folder, then import the entire folder and let it organize it by artist and album directories?  It would take a while.. but as long as the artist and album is correct in the tags..

zolloz

Newbie here....

I have around 25,000 mp3's and now have them working fine on E-Touch....

When I used to play tracks on Media Player an image (thumbnail) was displayed....

My question is... Can I import the Image/Album Covers (Thumbnails) which show via Media player... and if so... any idea where these Thumbnails are stored for media player on my system and into what folder should they be loaded?

Any help or advise appreciated.

ZolloZ

Barcrest

Quote from: zolloz on March 18, 2013, 05:08:38 AM
Newbie here....

I have around 25,000 mp3's and now have them working fine on E-Touch....

When I used to play tracks on Media Player an image (thumbnail) was displayed....

My question is... Can I import the Image/Album Covers (Thumbnails) which show via Media player... and if so... any idea where these Thumbnails are stored for media player on my system and into what folder should they be loaded?

Any help or advise appreciated.

ZolloZ

You need to turn on show hidden files if you want to see those files created by media player.

Jukebox Stats...