Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

2 cds 1 album question

Started by yakman4, January 29, 2014, 06:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakman4

If an album has 2 cds does each of the cds have to have their own folder or can they be in 1 folder. I hope this makes sense.

Norman Marshall

Its up to you how you have them just remember to put CD1 and CD2 after each CD, e.g. American Anthems CD1 and American Anthems  CD2, OR you can have them in one folder
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Shaggydo

It dont matter if they are on 1 or 2 folders, as long as theyr properly tagged, the wil show up separated in etouch.

Cary_B

Just my personal preference, but all my multi-cd's I have, I put them in one folder each.  If CD1 has 8 songs, and CD2 has 9 songs, Then CD2 could start track numbering at 9, and go through 17.  That way, I have less albums showing up to search through.  The only problem this has caused me, is I have one CD that has 4 CD's of 25 songs each, so I have one album showing up with 100 tracks.  I screws up the formatting when you hit track 100. 

fat-johnny

I personally have mine in one folder, and then tag it as one album.  I populate the "Album" tag as "Houses of the Holy (2 Disc Set)".  If you use this as the "Album" tag for all of the songs, it will show up in Etouch as one album.

Then I tag the songs as track 101 (indicating disc 1, track 01), track 102, etc..

My files are all in one folder, named:

101 ? This Song ? Led Zeppelin.mp3
102 ? That Song ? Led Zeppelin.mp3
112 ? Immigrants Day ? Led Zeppelin.mp3
201 ? Black Dog ? Led Zeppelin.mp3
202 ? Lemon Song ? Led Zeppelin.mp3
213 ? The Last Song ? Led Zeppelin.mp3
cover.jpg
coversmall.jpg

That?s how I do it.
FJ

ecbrad

Quote from: Cary_B on February 05, 2014, 07:07:15 PM
Just my personal preference, but all my multi-cd's I have, I put them in one folder each.  If CD1 has 8 songs, and CD2 has 9 songs, Then CD2 could start track numbering at 9, and go through 17.  That way, I have less albums showing up to search through.  The only problem this has caused me, is I have one CD that has 4 CD's of 25 songs each, so I have one album showing up with 100 tracks.  I screws up the formatting when you hit track 100.

This is exactly how I do it and it works great.

Brad

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on January 29, 2014, 07:19:34 PM
Its up to you how you have them just remember to put CD1 and CD2 after each CD, e.g. American Anthems CD1 and American Anthems  CD2, OR you can have them in one folder

Personally I have 2 folders with CD1 and CD2 appended. I do this because I don't like the long tracklists you get otherwise. Also if you just want to play one of the CD's it easier this way.

The bonus is all methods work and are supported so it's just down to personal choice.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...