News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Splash screen disabled when not disabled?

Started by JosephShelton, January 27, 2010, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JosephShelton

Well, for some reason no matter what I do I can't run this program on startup in vista.

So to work around it I created myself a task to launch it after log on when my computer comes on as it is set up to log me in without any user input.  Well now I still can't run the program as it comes up with some little message box I've never seen that says, splash disabled?  and a box to have to okay it.

Now I've never disabled the splash and have no idea what is going on. I just want it to run when I start my computer up but can't seem to get anything to work like that.

Barcrest

It is because you are starting up E-Touch with a command line switch. If you remove the switch it will then start up fine.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

JosephShelton

Really...

Thats all it is!

Wow.. I've been at this for hours and had no idea.  Talk about simple. I never realized that was my problem.

Well now, thanks a lot for the help with that. I can sleep easy now.

You've made my day.

Thanks.

Joe

Barcrest

Hmmmm, Ok...

Well the splash screen disabled message box is appearing because you have a command line switch.

As for it not working on vista via the normal route then there are various posts on here regarding running it on Vista. I think the main thing is you need to run it as administrator, I don't use Vista as I think it's an awful system and therefore I can only suggest you read the posts on here from people who do use it.

Jukebox Stats...

JosephShelton

As best as I can tell that fixed it.

I had been running it as an admin but was still having problems.  I tried a few things to see what I could do and then set it up as a task.  I put in  my setup /startup, and did not need to as it starts anyway.  So I followed your info there and took that bit out.  It worked just fine.

Though vista gave me some other problems.  I finally just went in and disabled all the uac stuff and am trying that now. Once I get it the way I want I'm going to start pulling processess out of vista and see if I can get it to run a bit better.

I don't much like vista either but it is all I have at the moment.  I have a code for xp with my old pc but must have lost the actuall disc so, vista it is.

Barcrest

Glad you got it working, no offence but your reply seemed like you were being sarcastic which is why i was cautious in my reply.

Jukebox Stats...

JosephShelton

No no I was quite serious.  I had no idea it was something as simple as that.  I would never have imagined that really.   Though maybe it is me but I did not see that as being sarcasim there.  Anyhow tiny little text posts don't always read the same to everyone.

None the less thanks for the quick help with that.