Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

2 Questions

Started by HolyDiver01, May 30, 2009, 06:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolyDiver01

Hi all

First off I deleted the email that said the cost of upgrading and I can't seem to find it anywhere in the forum. So if someone could let me know that be great.

Secondly I'm starting my first free standing build basing it off of cadis12 T.V. stand setup. So I'm wondering what are the system requirements for V5 are. Currently I'm running version 4.0.18 on my HTPC which is a AMD Sempron 3.0 Ghz with 2gb of ram with no problems. But I'm not sure if I can perhaps step down or need to upgrade to a newer setup for this new build.

fordman

1) PM Barcrest for the cost of upgrading.

2) I too have copied cadis's jukebox. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=90031.0

Depends on what you want to do with your jukebox. If you want just music, then any old P3 or P4 733mhz processor will work with at least 256mb of memory. You need Win XP and WMP 10

If you want to use videos, then step it up with the memory to at least 512mb memory. If you want videos on a second screen and main menu on the other, I will suggest at least a 128mb dual output video card.

An ideal setup would be any processor over 2ghz with 1 gb of memory and a 256mb dual output video card.

So, if you just want basic, then you can use basic. If you want frills and full use of the software, then you need to upgrade the hardware!

Hope this helps,  :beer

Fordman

HolyDiver01

Thanks fordman I didn't want to go bugging Barcrest but I suppose I will.
I did see yours very nice. Any advice?

fordman

My advice is keep the beverages off the jukebox. I havent had any incidents yet, but you have to police it when people are over.

As far as building, I would suggest a professionally made frame www.americanframe.com to go around the touchscreen. Mine is 'OK' but the corners dont meet up the way I want it too. I also wouldnt put so many lights on it. I dont use them all that often. They look good, but really dont need them. Use the Griffin powermate for a volume knob and follow this tutorial http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=92052.0 how to set it up so it works every time. My griffin has worked 100% since I followed the tutorial when you install it from the disk it provides, it places the drivers in the wrong category and the powermate was 85% reliable, but now its 100%. They are about $35.00 on ebay after shipping.

Sound, I use Logitech X-240. For a 2.1 sound setup, I dont think you can get any better sound than this one. They are about $50.00 (US) new or $30.00 (US) used off of ebay.

Good luck with your build and take pics and keep us all posted!

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Even with dual screen and videos a P3 700mhz with a 64mb card will run it. However i really recommend as much ram as you can as the collection is now loaded into memory for faster searching. As for the upgrade, $25 will give you lifetime access.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...