Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

One for the skin makers

Started by Norman Marshall, April 16, 2011, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Can all you skin makers tell me a good software for making my skins, Im using Photoshop 7 and Photoshop CS5 and for some bloody reason the font on some of the buttons are transparrent, also i have a black boarder around the edga of my buttons and even that is transparrent, ive tried makin new buttons but that has'nt help, Im starting to get a little bit disheartened with making skins because im putting a lot of work into it and something like this happens, All help appreciated   Glenn
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Ok I will try and explain how the buttons work with transparency.

The top left pixel is used to set the transparent colour. So whatever colour that is will be removed across the whole button. This works well if you use BMP buttons but they are a little big in terms of size. The other way around this is to use GIF's with a transparent background.

The reason your text is becomming transparent is because your top left pixel is colour used elsewhere on the button like in the text for example.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Does that mean if i change the colour of the font to a different colour, the font wont be transparrent?
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on April 16, 2011, 04:06:14 PM
Does that mean if i change the colour of the font to a different colour, the font wont be transparrent?

Yes, also make sure you are not using JPG's because they do funny things with the colour.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Something tells me weve had this conversation before barry, With my first skin