Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

A Little Help Please....

Started by fordman, March 14, 2009, 08:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

I need to understand the difference between 'Playlist' & 'Queue'? In the U.S. we have different meanings for words than the UK or Europe. I know in the U.S. we dont use the term 'Queue' for anything, we just say 'In Line' or 'Next'. I know there is a difference from Old World English and American Standard English.

Also, and this may or may not already be a function of E-touch (Freebox), Is there a way to have a list of albumns for my wife, then my list of albumns and then a list for all albumn available? Also access each list with the touch of a button or key code (kinda like Virtual Music Jukebox - I hate to mention the competition)?

Thanks for the time,

Fordman ;D

Barcrest

So you want a favourite list of albums... Hmm it could be done i suppose using something like the playlists.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Woody

Welcome Ford,

The diference in the playlist and the queue is that a playlist is just that a "list", and that list can be added to the queue, which is a place where the songs (weather added by a list or individually selected) are stored until they have had their turn to play.

The lists that you refered to for your wife and yourself would be playlists that can be edited to add or remove songs and saved or loaded on demand. the music you are hearing while you are editing that list had to be placed in the queqe at one point by either random play or selection or adding a playlist to the queue.

The way you want to setup your list(s) is easily done. I use another program (Media Jukebox) it's FREE and more of a music organizer than a jukebox. Build your playlists and save them in the proper directory
(search here for more info on playlist). The program has a playlist screen that allows loading saving and    
editing of playlists. I don't use this option too much because I just set random play to a genre or several generes that I like and let it play.

BTW... The word Queue is used commonly in the U.S. for computer system printing with the exact same meaning, where a document is waiting in "QUE"(U.S.) or "QUEUE" (E.U.) to be printed.

fordman

Thanks for the help! 

My wife doesnt want to scroll through my albumns trying to find hers or when she has a friend over, for my albumns to not show up. Also, my albumns out number hers about 15 to 1. I have shown her how to use 'Search' but she doesnt want to have to search for each albumn in between mine.

When I was using (VMJ) we could just punch in a code and only her albumns would show up. Then punch in my code then mine would show up, then another code and all albumns available would show up.

Thanks for the help & time,

Fordman

Woody

Ford,

If you aren't using the video or karaoke librarys you could move all her albums from your audio library to a seperate folder and then use the config to load them into one of those libraries. They will work in those libraries exactly as they do in the audio library.

Woody

fordman

I have Never thought of doing that, I will give it a try!

Thanks for the Help!

Fordman

fordman

I gave Woody's suggestion a try and it worked!! Now My tunes are under the audio button, hers are under the Karaoke Button and all the tunes are under the video button! Just the way we want it! ;D

I dont ever plan on Karaoke or Video's

Also, I changed the buttons in MS Paint (I cant do photoshop - way to complicated of you need a full year of college to learn it!) to refelct our names. The buttons look great and no one will know but me! ;D

Thanks for the time and Suggestion Woody! :beer

Barcrest

Sweet dude, glad you found a workable solution.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

Quote from: fordman on March 15, 2009, 12:15:49 AM
Also, I changed the buttons in MS Paint (I cant do photoshop - way to complicated of you need a full year of college to learn it!) to refelct our names. The buttons look great and no one will know but me! ;D

what do you want the buttons to be called, maybe Eist1 or I could do it for you

fordman

Thanks for the help on the butons, Novalak, but they look Great as is! All I did was color the oval in the center black and put my name in the one usually titled music, changed the video button to Play ALL and the karaoke button to her name. I'll take a screen shot in a bit and post it.

Also Barry, this is what I was talking about having different library's for different musical taste! I'm just manipulating the video & karaoke categories to suit my needs, but would be cool if there were say, up to 3-5 music categories and also video & karaoke!

Just a thought!

Fordman