Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

album covers

Started by jukejohn, March 22, 2009, 05:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukejohn

is it possible to make e jukebox to display one cover for albums with more than one disc instead of 101 60s box set displaying five discs i want it to display one cover for the comple collection just to make it a cleaner look and without converting my collection

GMac

I think what you are after is nested albums, or sub-albums.  E-Touch doesn't do this, athough a way of making it work would be to put all your tracks in the same folder for the entire compliation, and number them sequentially.  That would give you the abillity to only display one entry on the album screen, but I have to confess I would never dream of doing this as it would mess up the music collection somewhat.  Perhaps this is a feature request you might wish to make to Barcrest.

jukejohn

thanks for reply

will have ago at barry

fat-johnny

You can achieve this with getting creative with your tags.

Let's say you have a 5 disc set, each disc has 20 songs.  Currently, you have 5 different folders, with 5 different album names in the tags:
Hits of the 60's , Disc 1
Hits of the 60's , Disc 2
Hits of the 60's , Disc 3
Hits of the 60's , Disc 4
Hits of the 60's , Disc 5

So disc 1 has tracks called
01 - Wooly Bully.mp3
02 - Shout.mp3

SOLUTION
Use Tag and Rename to properly set the album number tag (Album 1)
Use Tag ad Rename to rename the files with disc#track# - title

So now, the filenames are
101 - Wooly Bully.mp3
102 - Shout.mp3
201 - The Twist.mp3
202 - Let It Be.mp3
301 - Fools Rush In.mp3

Once you have them all named like this, put them all into one folder, and set the album tag to   Hits of the 60's (5 Disc Set)

Then, have Tag and Rename set the track numbers to 101, 102.....up to 520, pulling from the filename.

Hope that makes sense, and hope it helps,
FJ

jukejohn

thanks johnny will play with that tonight