Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Porting jukebox to 2nd computer

Started by Pinball, August 31, 2009, 06:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I have a test system on my desk running E-Touch 5.18

I also have a "real" jukebox that is running Freebox 4.++

Now that I have spent th last few weeks installing, customizing, implementing videos and everything on the desktop Test system, I would like to "Port" the E-Touch test box from my desktop test system with all it's files and cusomizations over to the real juke box cabinet. 

I can PayPal the fee for the upgrade on the real jukebox. 

I am wondering if there is a simple way of copying certain folders or files to the real juke that would allow me to not need to start from scratch on the real box. 

It was a lot of work and I could not have done it without the help of Barry and especially Fordman here, (special thanks to them), as well as others on the forum.  I just do not look forward to doing this entire implementation from scratch again.

Any pointers or helpful hints on cloning E-Touch to a secondary machine. ??

Thanks,

Randy

Sparky23

Can't you copy all the stuff from your test machine onto a portable harddrive and then just transfer everything over to your real machine?  That would probably be the easiest thing to do.

Woody

Pinball,

The easiest way would be to install the same freebox version on the new computer, then overwrite that directory with a copy of the directory on your test machine. Your media files must be in the same directories on the new machine as on the test machine and you must have the propper codec packs installed.

Woody   

Pinball

Thanks guys.  I will give this a try.  I am going to PayPal Barry now for the upgrade license on the Juke.

Then when I install it on the juke I will copy the E-Touch folder on my test system to a portable drive, THen copy it from there to overlay the Juke E-Touch folder on the Juke.

I need to verify that the media directories the same.  I doubt it.  So I will rename the Juke directories to match.  Then I would need to re-run the configurator.

I remember Fordman helping me with that Codec issue on this test system, but I don't recall the details.   I will need to search the Forum for his instructions on installing the codecs.  I know he well documented it already for me, and I installed them successfully on Test, but I just need to find that documentation again...

Thanks again all of you.  This Forum has excellent users and everyone here hs been very helpful!

Barry's Juke software is great, but it really helps if you are a PC guy.  A lot of family guys will struggle with the maintenance and work required.  I enjoy it, or at least do not mind it.  Others may not be as eager to "Learn"...

Randy

Pinball

I remember reading somewhere that something must be done from the PC we are loading to.  This PC is my test PC that I am PayPaling and e-mailing from.  I have 5.18 running here on the TEST machine. 

What do I need to send you or do from my Real Juke where I need to upgrade??

I gI will try getting on the Forum on the real Juke and see if I can see E-Touch 5.18. 

ecbrad

The process has nothing to do with what computer you use.

Pay visa paypal. Barry approves and you get immediate access to download the new program to whereever you wish.

Then you can copy/install to your machine. I'd also suggest backing E-Touch up to a CD or something.

Brad

Woody

Pinball,

After you load Freebox and do the overwrite from the test machine you will not have to run the config again
as long as all the media directories reside in the same named paths.

You should just copy the directories from machine to machine and that would make it all work easy.

Woody

Barcrest

Upgrading from V4 is different because so much has changed including the Databases. You will do an install of V5 it will go to the E-Touch folder not freebox so you can in effect have both running on the same machine. You will need to rebuild you databases with the config to get the new V5 install up and running.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...