News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

got mp4 loaded but will not play (have screenshot)

Started by marc brazeal, September 18, 2009, 09:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc brazeal

i keep getting this error when trying to play a video... is it because i dont have the full version yet? I plan on paying for it when i know everything will work with my machine.

maybe i missed something in the forums? please let me know

bzpilot

Probably just a corrupt video file.  Try playing it directly through windows media player outside of E-Touch and I bet you'll get the same error popping up.

fordman

You need the K-Lite Codec pack.

Read this thread and follow the instructions:

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1493.0

Then lets us know what happens.

:beer

Fordman

marc brazeal

you sir, are a genius... IT WORKED. now heres the next thing sinc eim a newbie at this... i cant see the video playing anywahere but i hear the audio.. is there a setting i have to have turned on to allow the video to play?... im just using this on my pc with 1 screen for now, do i have to have a 2nd screen to view videos?

eist1

Marc,

You will want to test all of the videos in WMP first to make sure they are working there before trying it in E-Touch, then if they are working WMP and not in E-Touch you have narrowed the problem down to something in E-Touch.

marc brazeal

yep, everything works great outside of etouch,,, works in WMP just fine. 

fordman

Sorry for the late response! Bad day at work today, no chance to check E-Touch forums today!

If everything works great in WMP, then restart E-Touch.

Select your video. In the upper right you will see the album cover of the video you just selected. Tap/Click the album cover.

You should now see this:

(sorry about my spelling!)
The video should be playing in the upper right corner. Tap/Click it to play fullscreen!

My spelling sucks today!

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...