Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Adding Genre to Tags

Started by chablis97, May 27, 2007, 01:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chablis97

Hey guys,
I've got a very clean Music database with file names and Tags exactly as I want them, Except I now realize I made a big mistake in not including Genre Tags in any files.  I didn't think I would find them useful, very stupid I know.  I now want to add Genre Tags, but keep the rest of the tag info and file names untouched, preferably using an on-line source to speed up the process.  Any tips on how I can do this?  I've looked at Tag&Rename and other programs, but cant seem to find any program that will just bulk-add a Tag automatically.
Help Appreciated.
Chablis

Barcrest

Tag & Rename will do it, you have to get the tags from amazon. However i have found their genres not to be the genres i would use for the albums.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

chablis97

Ye, Tag&rename was the best I could find.  I have to do it on an Album by Album basis, but it does give me the opportunity to change the Genre if I don't like the downloaded Amazon tag.  I've also taken the opportunity to add the year of release which was also missing from all my tags.  I'm about 30% of the way through, it's taken a good few hours, but its not as painful as I thought it would be.

Thanks for the feedback Barry.

Barcrest

No worries dude.. At the moment the year of release is only really displayed on the track listing screen but it is nice to have. Ideally i would like something simular to the genres but based on the year released tag. I am so snowed under with stuff i am trying to get into the jukebox though... I really don't like keeping you guys waiting for a release for too long but this new feature is a big job. Hopefully a few of you will be happy with the new features when i can finally get this version out.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Welcome back Barry. I figured you were out the weekend to show off the baby to your family and friends.
Well I hope you had a wonderfull weekend and a good trip. You should post up some pics of your baby girl.
                                                                          ::)
Coffee     ;D

Barcrest

Quote from: coffee on May 30, 2007, 09:45:01 AM
Welcome back Barry. I figured you were out the weekend to show off the baby to your family and friends.
Well I hope you had a wonderfull weekend and a good trip. You should post up some pics of your baby girl.
                                                                          ::)
Coffee     ;D

There are piccies up on my live spaces site.. http://barcreswebhole.spaces.live.com Take a peek there as i don't have any with me to upload. I am really hoping to get something out this week. I just tried to load up the source code here at work so i could crack on and i have missed some files out. Damn... That means i can't do anything until i get home tonight and i am meeting people for drinks as well. Still there is tomorrow and friday at work when i can code the jukebox some more. I will spend today coding the calendar functions i need and just take those home and plug them into the source so at least today will not be wasted.

Thanks for the kind words.

Jukebox Stats...