News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

About visualisations and karaoke graphics display.

Started by Shaggydo, January 12, 2010, 03:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggydo

I wonder if could be posible to hide visualisations for music but keep the option to display the cdg graphics. I ask because the small window with visualsations takes away the jukebox felling when playing songs, but i still need the cdg graphics to display on the screen when playing karaoke songs. thanks for any help.

fordman

Shaggydo

its obius.... but if i select that then the cdg graphics dont come out, im using only one screen....

Barcrest

This is the problem with using a single screen. I will see what i can do over the next few releases because i want to add pause on track start specifically for karaoke. That way you can line up a few karaoke tracks into the queue and it will pause when the next one starts allowing time to swap singers. Other related ideas i have been mulling over are pause after x seconds to allow time for the CDG intro to appear and then couple that with re-start track after un-pause. I think those selections make the karaoke more user friendly especially if you use a reomte control for un pausing tracks.

I am looking at making changes to the info stored in the databases so i can store media type in the rec file and this could be use to detect if the file is CDG and then show the vis if i add an option. I think the option will be something like

Show Vis on audio
Show Vis for Videos
Show Vis for Karaoke

You just check the ones you want. These can be used for single and dual sceens I suppose although there isn't much use disabling anything on a dual screen set up. Really dual screen is the way to go especially for videos and karaoke but I will do my best to make the single screen setup more usable for you it will just take time.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Super nice answer, thanks barcrest, ill wait for the features  to be increased on the next releases, sorry for my bad english and for being such a painin the ass  :beer

Barcrest

No problem, your english is fine. Probably better than mine when i'm drunk LOL. I will do my best to incorporate all the things mentioned in this thred.

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Quote from: Barcrest on January 15, 2010, 11:05:16 AM
Really dual screen is the way to go especially for videos and karaoke but I will do my best to make the single screen setup more usable for you it will just take time.
I really dont like double screen jukeboxes, but i do like the option to display lirycs and visualsations on a second monitor, lets say a tv or some sparated screens, but i love to build mini jukeboxes so i can take them to partys and a second monitor its not really and option for me.... i really love freebox and i thanks for the hard job.

Barcrest

Quote from: abispac on January 15, 2010, 10:59:36 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on January 15, 2010, 11:05:16 AM
Really dual screen is the way to go especially for videos and karaoke but I will do my best to make the single screen setup more usable for you it will just take time.
I really dont like double screen jukeboxes, but i do like the option to display lirycs and visualsations on a second monitor, lets say a tv or some sparated screens, but i love to build mini jukeboxes so i can take them to partys and a second monitor its not really and option for me.... i really love freebox and i thanks for the hard job.

Dual screen can be done via a wireless video sender. Then just plug the other part into a TV at a party and you have dual screen for video and karaoke.

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo