Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Fan Art Finder (Suggestion)

Started by d78, February 22, 2010, 07:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d78

Sorry if this has been said before. I searched the forum and didnt find it. So here goes...

I think a Fan Art Finder would be an awesome add on. Basically just like the album art finder built into the config program. It would bring up a few search results for artists in your database for which a fanart jpg was not found. Saves your selection as "artist.jpg" in the fanart folder for you.

I would think it would be better as a separate app. Like the non-mp3 tagger is.

I wish I knew more VB or I would crate one myself to share with you all. I'm pretty good at PHP/js code, although PHP cant make portable EXE's. I'll try to make a web based app if Barry is too busy.

Let me know Barry!

Barcrest

Isn't this already covered by a google image search? If you are pretty handy with PHP it might be good if you look at fixing up the web reporting tool.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

d78

I know it can be done with a Google search, but that's like saying the album art finder was covered by a google search. Think of how many repetitive steps and work are eliminated from the user to add art.

1. Finding artist missing fan art
2. Search for the fan art
3. Save the fan art
4. Rename the fan art (artist.jpg)

Repeat for each artist.

All that would be replaced with 1 program using ony 3 clicks per missing artist.

Select
Save
next

The fan art packs are great! But they cant cover everything.
Seeing how it's almost just like the album art thing, is it really that hard to modify it for fan art?

By the way; What is a web reporting tool?

Barcrest

IF you click on the text in my sig that says jukebox stats, that's the web reporting tool. Maybe you could add the fan art search tool to that? It's not easy for me to add to the config as the album art code wasn't even coded by me lave did it and sent it me.

Jukebox Stats...

d78

Ah. I see.

What are the issues with the web reporting tool?

Barcrest

The colum headers are incorrect. That might be a CCS thing and there are still things that don't work in there. I can share the file specs of things with you if you think you can fix it up some more.

Jukebox Stats...

d78

Sure. I'll definitely see what I can do.

eist1

d78,

Could you also try to create a full webpage size "Now Playing" for the webtool, as this may be cool to show on another PC via the web. Another thing I was playing with in the past is PC Remote Control http://www.pcremotecontrol.com/software/pcrcsoft.htm and using the TCPIP Remote. Which allows you to have buttons on your webpage that are mapped to keypresses on the web server which is running the application. So if E-Touch was running on the web server, you could technically control it via webpage with each webpage button mapped to a button as a keypress in E-Touch. So if you could combine the webtool page "Now Playing" and possibly "Coming Up Next" with web buttons for volume, skip ahead and Pause on a single webpage that would be pretty cool. Thanks

Barcrest

Yes because there is now a nowplaying.dat produced the same as the forum image,

Jukebox Stats...

d78

Sounds like a cool project. I'm so sick of the web stuff I do for work. this would be a nice break from the norm.

d78

I've found that trying to find Fan art for "Bush" turns out to be quite an adventure full of pit-falls and disappointment. LOL!

Barcrest

In theroy you could queue tracks up from the web interface by creating .QUE files that could be downloaded when a song is played.

The format of these is simple.

play_now
play_next
mp3_file

set play_now or play next to 1 to set them if both are 0 then add to queue is assumed. The mp3_file is the path to the file, each needs to be on a new line. If you put that .que file in the freebox directory when it is set to master it will pick it up and play it as set in the file.

If the web interface had play options next to tracks it has it could create these files and the same script used to upload info when a track is played could pull them down. Could even be done with some FTP monitor that pulls down any new files using some sort of sync i guess.

The now playing structure is as follows..

nowplaying.dat

Artist
Title
Album
Track Path

This could be used to show the now playing info on the web tool just upload it...

Hopefully D97 can do something with this.

Another nice one for commercial users might be to show the meter file info.

These files are named

meter 0.tot
meter 1.tot
meter 2.tot
meter 3.tot
meter 4.tot

Each one has 1 line showing total number of coins for that type inserted.

password.txt

this shows if correct pin was entered and for what function also invalid pin attempts.

The last useful file i can think of is the debug.log

it just contains info about the juke status this could be shown as just a text file i guess.

Jukebox Stats...

d78

For now playing to be really SPIFFY, it should be able to upload some artwork to the webserver. Like NOWPLAYING_COVER.JPG and NOWPLAYING_FANART.JPG. Then I could show those along with the track info.

Barcrest

I will see what i can do with that.

Jukebox Stats...