Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

adding album art

Started by jpaus29, March 26, 2012, 07:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpaus29

Hi everyone,
Im new to this site and new to jukeboxes. So excuse my stupidity if you can. Just wondering if someone can explain or direct me to a tutorial on how to add album art. Im having a few problems and would really appreciate it.  ;D

Cheers

acejas

What kind of problems are you having?
What exactly do you want to do? do you want to embed art and/or create album art file (cover.jpg)

jpaus29

Hi thanks for the reply. Well really to tell you the truth I really just dont know what to do when it comes to adding the album art. I can add albums and get music playing a but have no idea when it comes to the art. I do know how to open the config file and have seen the part for adding art just dont know how to use it.
Cheers

Barcrest

You need to have an image in the albums folder, the default name is cover.jpg but you can change that in the e-touch options.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Benny631

I am having a similar problem. I was able to get my covers, (AlbumArtLarge and Small), to work in windows 7, but when i changed over to XP (because i saw here it works better in XP) and used the same choices i get no covers at all. When i run the config to update the music the albums flash like normal tho. I have run it in C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox 7, and in just C:\E-Touch Jukebox 7 but no go. Any suggestions. I am just using the demo and haven't upgraded til i understand the whole thing.

Hitbig

Like you said,'til you understand the whole thing, try in appearance options "Use 1st. Image Found" ;)

jpaus29

QuoteYou need to have an image in the albums folder, the default name is cover.jpg but you can change that in the e-touch options.
So if I put album covers in the actual albums it should pick them up. Do they need to be a special size? what I have found so far is 600 x 600
Thanks for the help everyone

ecbrad

No special size required although the larger they are the slower it will run. Mine are usually around 500x500 down to about 250x250 depending on source. E-Touch config will then grab them and create a thumbnail copy.

Just make sure you have an image within each album folder called cover.jpg and your all good.

Brad

Benny631

Thank you for your advice, once i checked that box the art came up. Its not hard to understand just alot of little things to do to make it work smoothly, i love it so far.

thanks again

jpaus29

QuoteNo special size required although the larger they are the slower it will run. Mine are usually around 500x500 down to about 250x250 depending on source. E-Touch config will then grab them and create a thumbnail copy.

Just make sure you have an image within each album folder called cover.jpg and your all good.

Brad

Thanks for the advice mate pretty much sorted out what I needed to know. Cheers