News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Use E-Touch to DJ or run a themed night?

Started by Barcrest, August 03, 2012, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I cam up with this the other day and thought it might be nice to share incase any of you ever run into a simular situation....

In the bar where I have E-Touch running I do a classic rock night once a month. I was having to go back to the history and search through to find the song i played the previous month and it was a bit of a pain as it gets a lot of use. I was thinking about how I could make this easier and I figured it out without having to code anything new (Although there probably will be tweaks to make this easier).

Basically at the start of the night I set up a user called ROCK DISCO and then the whole nights set was saved out in it's own history file. The following week I logged in as that user and the history contained the whole set and i could pick out tunes that were popular from the week before and add them to the queue. Also makes sense doing it under a user as it built me a hot hits for those nights specifically...

TWEAKS.
I may add the ability to save the history file out as a playlist because then i always have the first night as a playlist i can just load up the following month and just move songs around and in and out of the queue as i see fit.

Anyway thought this was a neat use of My E-Touch that you might want to play with when you next have a party or whatever. I'm looking at some enhancements to My E-Touch over the next few releases to try and make it more attractive to use.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...