Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album displays as "Various Artists" but it isnt correct that way. *FIXED*

Started by NIVO, July 22, 2015, 07:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NIVO

So I have one stubborn album. Ugly Kid Joe - The Collection. When I tag mp3's I only tag these criteria:

-Artist
-Album Name
-Track Name
-Track #
-Year

I do not use Genres/Comments or any other info in my tagging. I keep it simple and clean this way. Etouch is grouping this album under Various Artists for some reason though. Instead of displaying it this way:

Ugly Kid Joe
The Collection

it shows it as this:

Various Artists
The Collection

which is incorrect.  All other Various Artist albums are correctly identified and classified. I have gone through 4 separate taggin softwares to verify my info correctly, and that no unwanted entries exist. I am at a loss how to get this corrected. The database is created and generates 0 errors for the audio library as well. Therefore I have no error logs to display either as everything works(its just misidentified).  Thanks for any help in advance.

Barcrest

Does it have a track on there with a featured artist? All the tracks need to have the same artist name, in tag and rename you bulk name all the MP3's Ugly Kid Joe and that should rectify the issue. I moved my Feat. info into the track name.

Alternatively if you have tagged the album artist for each track you can use that and leave the feat. info in the artist field.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

NIVO

no tracks have any featured artists and all are named the same. I'll get you a screenshot sample of naming. Only change between any track would of course be track number and name of track.

attached pic. As you can see tag info both version 1 and version 2 does not change. all tracks are same with regards to number and name of track.

Barcrest

Try Tag And Rename to double check, also check that there are no leading spaces on the artist on one of the tracks. I still suggest using the global name feature of Tag And Rename to fix the issue, it's free for 30 days.

Jukebox Stats...

NIVO

ok ill give it a shot, ill post up later today when i get home. thx barry.

Barcrest

Quote from: NIVO on July 22, 2015, 12:09:44 PM
ok ill give it a shot, ill post up later today when i get home. thx barry.

It will either be that there is an erronous V1 tag or something silly like a leading or trailing space or invalid character on one of the tracks tags.

Jukebox Stats...

NIVO

it must have been some typo for all i know. its all fixed up :P I blame my blurry sleep deprived eyes hehe.