Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Add a Chat Mod to Forum

Started by eist1, February 05, 2008, 08:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

Can we add a chat mod to the forum? Would be nice to chat with other users that are online. I found the integrated mod that would work with SMF 1.1.4 which is currently being used http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=60 It adds a java chat window that passes the user name along with it, just thought it would be a pretty nice addition.

squirrellydw

Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Nice, don't know when i will get my computer back though so i can set it up.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

No problem Barry, just getting the idea out there, maybe Kizer could add the mod, since he is hosting the site.

Barcrest

Kizer isn't hosting the site just the downloads.  The site was donated to us thanks to netcat.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Exactly what Barcrest said.

I was looking at adding Chat to links4jeeps.com but the only problem I kept coming up with was finding something that wasn't database intensive. I looked at FlashChat, but they have had reports of hacking and honestly running one of the tightest forums and opening it up to that app was scary non the less.

I haven't looked into that one that you posted because I haven't really been able to find a demo to see how it works.

As well a chat room is only good if there are people willing to chat. ;)

I was just reading through all those posts on that particular chat and it looks like the supporting site that hosted the chats is no longer supporting it.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=21029.msg1411372#msg1411372
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)