Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

dual monitor issues

Started by ant2110, August 11, 2014, 08:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ant2110

Hi
I am using 1600x900 skin and have both screens set to 1600x900

is there a way of adjusting the settings so I can see all of the 2nd screen image on my 2nd monitor?

I've mucked about with positions of the screens in Windows but at best can only see a very small part of the image on the 2nd screen.

(the skin on the main screen is fine and full screen)

Cheers, Ant.

Barcrest

In windows do you have the screens set side by side? That is the only way it will work.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ant2110

Yeah, I've read previous posts and have tried it all ways (including side by side).

The only position I can get even a little bit of the window on the 2nd screen is if it's below the main screen - then a very small strip appears at the top.

Can you confirm that the dual screen works correctly with the 1600x900 res and skin..?
Is there any way that the position of the 2nd screen can be manually altered (registry key, ini file, etc..)?

Many thanks,
Ant.

Barcrest

Quote from: ant2110 on August 13, 2014, 06:51:47 AM
Yeah, I've read previous posts and have tried it all ways (including side by side).

The only position I can get even a little bit of the window on the 2nd screen is if it's below the main screen - then a very small strip appears at the top.

Can you confirm that the dual screen works correctly with the 1600x900 res and skin..?
Is there any way that the position of the 2nd screen can be manually altered (registry key, ini file, etc..)?

Many thanks,
Ant.

Ok I know what is happening... Drop e-touch out of full screen and you will see the second screen is actually showing on your main screen. It slightly overlaps hence you seeing it when you position the screen under. Make sure in windows they are set side by side and the main screen (Touch) is the one on the left. Then change the monitor ID of the second screen in E-touch until you get it to appear on the second screen. Once you have it working you can put E-touch back into full screen.

Jukebox Stats...

ant2110

I will try that out tonight - many thanks.

Barcrest

No worries, hopefully we will get you up and running.

Jukebox Stats...

ant2110

Hi
I windowed the main screen and moved it out of the way a little, and can see the 2nd screen window behind.

However, no matter which '2nd screen number' I use it will not appear on the 2nd screen. By changing the number all it does is move it around in slightly different places on the main monitor.

Its not windowed either and so I cant try to drag it over to the other screen. Size (resolution) of the 2nd screen window is too small to fit the 2nd screen even if is was on there, I guess it looks about 800x600 and the res of both my screens is 1600x900.

I don't mind fiddling with position settings etc. if you can tell me where they are..

I've attached a screen shot of the main monitor to show you what I see.

Thanks again
Ant.

Barcrest

Hmmm I uploaded a tool before to try and resolve this let me see if i can find the post.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

What happens if you pick a different monitor ID then save settings and restart the jukebox?

Jukebox Stats...

ant2110

Same result.

I can move the main etouch screen to the 2nd screen and be left with the small 2nd screen image on the main monitor but not the other way around.

Barcrest

I can find the tool i had so i will have to make another one.

Jukebox Stats...

Ant2110

hi
My dual screen issue above was fixed when I installed v9 demo a few months ago. The 2nd screen worked perfectly with videos displaying full screen.
Now I've just installed v9.0.0.8 ant the 2nd monitor is not quite right...

The video is shifted left and is half off the left revealing vertical strip of desktop on the right.

Both screens are still set to 1600x900 and the 2nd monitor setting in the appearance settings is 'manual 1600x900'

Is there anything from demo v9 to v9.0.0.8  that might have done this?

Ant.

Barcrest

You can tweak the manual values to shift it across, this will fix it for you now while i try and find out what has gone wrong. It moves in real time, tweak the X value.

Jukebox Stats...