Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Question About Time Stamping in Etouch

Started by urbecrisch, March 09, 2013, 06:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

Ok, so I'm using an older version of Etouch 5.033.  It works great and I do not want to update. I'm in the process of eliminating sub-folders in my main music folder and just keep every album listed as ARTIST-ALBUM NAME.  My question is I want to be able to generate a new library but keep the "NEW" albums the same.  Is there a way to either update the library or generate the library without causing all of my albums to show the "NEW" feature?  With over 1000 albums it is annoying to see the "NEW" feature on them all.  I tried changing the date created on my artist folders and that does not work.  Any ideas?

Also, I would be interested in a newer updated version if there was an option for a favorites folder/tab so then I could just turn off the "NEW" feature and simply click on a tab that showed my favorite albums.

Hope to hear back soon.

Barcrest

Since V7 there has been the option of using the modified date for the new feature. This way only albums you have updated are treated as new, i think this is what you are after. The feature list since V5 is massive, there is also a collections feature where you can create your own album collections to have your favourites in one place.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

So is it best to donate for v8 or v7?  Let me know which one so I can donate asap, and what are the costs?  I think this is exactly what I am after.  The option to use the modified date, is that in the config utility or in the actual etouch program?

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on March 10, 2013, 04:04:30 PM
So is it best to donate for v8 or v7?  Let me know which one so I can donate asap, and what are the costs?  I think this is exactly what I am after.  The option to use the modified date, is that in the config utility or in the actual etouch program?

That is built into the config, so you can just keep using generate and it uses the modified date.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...