Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Help With Most Played - Transferring To Updated Versions

Started by urbecrisch, November 14, 2013, 02:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

Need help or a quick tutorial how to save and transfer my music history/most played selections from one version to another.  I love the feature that circulates the NEW image by most played songs but every time I update to the newest version I have to start over with most played selections.  There has to be a way to transfer the info but I'm a bit puzzled how to do it.

urbecrisch

Sorry for the re-thread on this topic.  I didn't realize I already asked this question earlier.  To clarify: I simply copy my User_history.dat file from one version to the next?  I am not using My E-Touch so I only need to copy the one file?

Barcrest

You do only need to copy the one file across, I have history on mine going way back however I do purge it every now and again. It shouldn't matter when you upgrade unless you were jumping from say V6 to V8 where there might have been a change in file format in which case you would have to load it into the history edit tool and save it back out in the new format. What do you see when upgrading?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

**FIXED**

I just needed to restart the program and this worked :)

OK, transferred history.dat fine.  Is there a way to copy HOT HITS from one version to another?  I want Etouch to keep track how often I played a song. For example, on the album list menu it says how many times a song was played.  When I update to a new version the tracks go back to NEVER PLAYED.  Hope I am clear :)

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on November 20, 2013, 03:20:40 AM
**FIXED**

I just needed to restart the program and this worked :)

OK, transferred history.dat fine.  Is there a way to copy HOT HITS from one version to another?  I want Etouch to keep track how often I played a song. For example, on the album list menu it says how many times a song was played.  When I update to a new version the tracks go back to NEVER PLAYED.  Hope I am clear :)

If the paths are the same then it builds it by looking at the history dat file. So as long as you keep your history file you are good.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...