Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Etouch Missing File

Started by urbecrisch, November 18, 2013, 12:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

I had to install a fresh Windows 7 in my laptop yesterday.  I am still cycling through the required Windows updates.  I tried using Etouch which is on my external hard drive and when I try the exe file I get an error message stating I need "AlphaImageControl.ocx".  Will I get this file as I update Windows or do i need a fresh install of Etouch?

urbecrisch

I decided to just go ahead and install a new version of etouch on my external.  In the past I have never had a problem using my external hard drive with my laptop.  When I put a fresh etouch install on the external hd I am able to generate music for the first time and access etouch but the problem I get is that I only have 3 new albums showing even though there should be around 60 that have been new on my hd.  I have config8 set to new music 365 days and using date created so ido not know where the problem lies.  Also, when I try to regenerate I get a "runtime error 75".  Anyone have any thoughts what the problem is?

Barcrest

The OCX is part of the install, it's what loads the PNG files. It probably wan't missing but wasn't registered on the PC you hooked the drive upto, A Re-install should have solved that.

As for the runtime error I assume you are running everything with Admin? Where do you have it installed on the external HD?

The date added feature do you have your windows date settings set to UK?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

OK... I set external HD to administrator and the error 75 message goes away.  The CPU is set to UK so that is no issue.  I know what the problem is but I am not sure I know how to fix it.  Is there some way I can make my CPU "think" the date is one year ago without changing the date/time?  After a fresh restore Etouch shows 3 new albums when there should be at least 60.  I reset my date/time to 01/11/12 to see what happens and when I regenerate my music the 60 albums show as new like before.  This proves it has something to do with the internal clock in win7, but I am not sure if I can change that and keep the current date/time.  Any thoughts?  Worse case scenario is I use the program "set file date" and I change the created date on those other 57 albums to reflect them as new again.

Barcrest

It uses the modified date so just updating the album art or tags in those albums will make them show as new.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

I do not like using the modified date to create my database.  I prefer the date created option.  Either or, I think I'm all fixed now :)