Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Help with JUKEBOX "Screen Saver"

Started by BrendanR33, September 02, 2013, 02:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanR33

Help needed.
I'm running version 8 on a very basic PC with XP installed. I'm using the box primaraly for music videos. Videos are being shown on a TV while the menu is left on the PC/touch screen all in one.
The problem is, with the videos playing on the TV all is well untill the touch screen (selection menu) has not been touched for about 8mins. At which point the "Selection menu" screen then automatically changes to the "Now Playing" screen. Once this occurs, the video playing on the TV becomes jumpy and out of time to the point where it will eventually fail to play. Now if I am to touch the screen to "wake it up" it will go back to the selection menu and the video will continue to play.

Question 1. Easy fix for me would be to dissable this now playing "screen saver" funtion. Is this possible?

Question 2. All my problems I've had whilst setting my home jukebox up have stemmed from having a poor cpu that I couldn't upgrade. I upgraded my Video Card which works wonders, high def videos through hdmi to the tv while barely using the cpu. But this was only possible through Media Player Classic, not widows media player. Is it possble to change the default player that ETOUCH JUKEBOX runs in the background from "Windows Media Player" to "Media Player Classic"?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.
Brendan.

ylwalker

Question 1. Easy fix for me would be to dissable this now playing "screen saver" funtion. Is this possible?

I had a similar issue to your 1st question. Go into "Settings">"Attract Mode">"Time to wait before switching...." the box has a default of something like 500. I just filled that box with 99999999's. No more "Now Playing" screen switch.

Sorry, I don't have an answer your second question.

Barcrest

Question 2:
You can't change the media player, you could however try tweaking the settings to improve the performance.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

when installing klite codec there are various settings in there but be careful I've managed to screw it up
many times and the only way back is to uninstall  and reinstall codec pack

BrendanR33

Thanks for the help guys.

Changing the attract mode time has fixed my problem so thanks for the answer on that one.

As for tweaking settings, I have tweaked and tweaked till I can't tweak no more. What I have come up with is the fact that I am running XP which will only allow me to run WMP11. Now it seems that it was not untill WMP12, or possibly a combination of WMP11 and windows Vista, that videos could be played utillizing "Hardware Accelleration". So as I'm running XP without much hope of running a later OS, WMP won't take advantage of the pretty new HD video card I installed.
I have resigned to the fact that I will only be playing my SD music videos through the Jukebox software. The CPU is fairly bogged down with this task so scrolling through ~2000 music videos is a tad slow but usable.
The codecs all seem to be fine as all the HD videos play perfect on Media Player Classic. This PC is set up in my outdoor/BBQ area and from time to time will be used for movies for which HD movies I will play through MPC.

All is well and thanks again. Great software, looking forward to using it more now I have it working better.
Cheers,
Brendan.

Gaucho

Maybe you have already tried this but if not:

1 Open Media Player 11.
2 Click Now Playing, then More Options....
3 Click the Performance tab.
4 Move the acceleration slider.
5 Click OK, then close and restart the player.