Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

delete duplicates

Started by squirrellydw, November 07, 2010, 12:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

I thought there was a program on here at one time that went through your music folder and found any duplicates.  Anyone know what that was?  I have a couple hundred duplicates and I don't feel like going through them one by one.  The duplicates are in the Album folders under Artist and the duplicates have a "1" at the end of them.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

I have been removing them manually as i find them by seeing duplicate covers.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

andowhy

I use FolderMatch to sync my libraries, not sure if it does what you want it to do, but an excellent program in its own right.

Barcrest

I guess i could add a check in the config to flag up potential duplicates. Of course it does depend on them being tagged the same, I'll see what i can do tonight.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Thanks barry, they are tagged the same.  What happen was I acidently copied so files over and when that happened I ended up with a bunch of copies, the copies all have a 1 t the end of the file name.  Back in Black1.mp3

Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Your easiest way is to use windows search on them and just search for *1.MP3 and that should bring them all up. The duplicates i was refering too are duplicate albums.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

ah yes, good idea, why didn't I think of that :o
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...