Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Version, Old Problem

Started by Cary_B, September 21, 2008, 12:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cary_B

Jut playing around with the new version.  Great work.  It even fixed a couple of things I wanted, but never asked for, like pin access on the config button on the screen.

The only problem I still have, and it goes back a few versions, is the Years option still doesn't work.  It still shows only the first album for a year, not all albums in the selected year, when I use it.  Fix that, and it might be time to lock down this version, and start on a new one.  :beer

Barcrest

I was thinking it might be time to go to V5 LOL Everyone will think i am extorting money from them as i have some good ideas i am testing for V5. Anyway I'll take a look at you bug, i have already fixed the vis bug with dual screens playing music.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

I can recreate your years bug. If i go into years i can see all the albums for that year and select them. Have you tried recreating all your DB's again?

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Yes, tried rebuilding.  Even tried re-installing.  I only ever get one album per year, no matter what I do.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  Will keep working at it.

Barcrest

Are you sure you have all your albums tagged correctly in the year field. I assume you are using the config included and not one of the beta configs that were posted?

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

I'll look at it again.  I use tag and rename, so that shouldn't be a problem.  I use the version 6 config program, run from a different directory, and move the years folder over, and it works.  still not sure why version 4 won't work for me.  I will keep researching. (I have noticed that all the year files it generates only have one line in them from the version 4 config, but version 6 shows all the albums.  It must be something I am doing, not sure what)

(Just to make this clear, I use config 4 to build the library, but run config 6 from a different directory currently to get the years.  Just copy that folder over.  I am not using config 6 for anything else but the years directory.)

Cary_B

Might have stumbled onto part of the problem.  I am still working on my tags, so whenever I get a bunch more fixed, I have to regenerate the library, as the config won't pick up the tag changes.  When I do, I just delete all the library info, including both the Artist and Year directories just to make sure I start from scratch.  Seems if I do this, this is when it happens.  I started doing this, as building a new library over an old one sometimes doubled up on the artists, when you filter by artist.  I would get a lot of albums listed twice.  Seems it there is a current year directory, with existing years in it, it builds ok.  I still have a lot more testing to do, but since I work overnight, I am going to bed, and will try it again tomorrow.  Hope this helps.  If so, I can work around it.

Thanks...Keep up the good work.  I LOVE this program.  So does everyone else I show it to. 

Barcrest

That is because you need to be using config4, any other config isn't supported by me. Config 6 is sort of beta really. I use config 4 and it works ok for me.

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Barry, I do use config 4 to build the database.  I just use config 6 (in a seperate installation/directory) then copy over the years folder to my main Jukebox folder.  That is the only way I can get the years to work right now.  Again, I may have stumbled on the problem, I think it has to do with deleting the years directory before I do a complete rebuild of my MP3's. (I do that as I was having a problem with getting duplicate info rebuilding over an existing database.) I am still working on it.

Barcrest

I will take another look at it for you tonight.

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Thanks, no hurry. I've lived with it this long.

As long as your looking at it, is there any way to change when the program hides the desktop and icons?  Right now I have my Jukebox set to autoplay Freebox, but it happens so fast, that Freebox starts loading while the computer is still booting up.  As a result, it hides the desktop and icons before they are fully built, which results in the icons showing up when Freebox finally loads all the way.  Not a pressing deal, but if you could change it hide the icons and desktop later in the load process, or add a 10 second or so delay while loading that would help.  Not a big deal, that could even wait for the next version if you can do this.  Again, I'm in no hurry.  Just love the program.

Cary_B

OK Barry, I give up.  I've tried everything, and can't get the years directory to build correctly.  Not matter what I do, it only shows one album per year, the first one it finds.  I don't know what is different about my system, or what I am doing wrong.  I just can't get it to work.  If you ever figure it out, let me know.

Felix T Cat

I'm getting the save issue with Filter by years and then select a year.  I only get the first album, no more.

Barcrest

I just tried it again, i can't get it to do what your getting... Maybe you could post up a couple of files out of your years folder for me to look at.

Jukebox Stats...

Felix T Cat

Quote from: Barcrest on October 14, 2008, 06:31:50 PM
I just tried it again, i can't get it to do what your getting... Maybe you could post up a couple of files out of your years folder for me to look at.

Check your PM